Coming at ya from Tumbi Umbi

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Coming at ya from Tumbi Umbi

Postby JohnL » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:21 am

Hello,

joined just the other week. I am from Tumbi Umbi (NSW Central Coast) happily married with 2 kids. We have just started to get into camping a bit more now the kids are getting a little older. As we go we have bought a little more here and there.
We are off to Hallidays Point on Friday with 4 other families. Have a Coleman CV9 and this trip we have purchased a new tarps 711 x 900 which should be fun to set up. My concern about it is that it might be to big for the campsite. For this trip we should be OK because we will be beside people we know, they will not mind us encroaching on their site.

Does anyone know the average size os a campsite in a caravan park? Also if the tarp is too big, I guess we could always fold it over a little to reduce size?

I will ask a lot of stupid questions.... :roll:

I love these forums as people are always so willing to assist those that are less knowledgable.

Thanks in advance,

John
::)
Last edited by JohnL on Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Are you a Top Bloke? Do the quiz - www.topblokeday.com
JohnL

Re: Coming at ya from Tumbi Umbi

Postby mr_grumble » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:04 pm

John,

Haven't camped in a caravan park for donkeys, so don't know what the standard size site is (or even if there is such a thing :? ), but any other campground worth it's salt should be large enough to be able to cope with the larger camp setup's.

With a 7x9 tarp however I'd imaging you'd almost be able to provide shelter for the whole camp ground ;)

We have a 2 or 3 different size tarps that we use depending on where we go and on how long. They don't cost all that much and have a million and one uses around the home, so worth probably having a selection on hand.

Have a mate, also in Tumbi, who incidently has a mate in Tumbi named John, two kids, used to (don't know if still does), drive an ol holden. Ain't the same john ?

Steve
Image Image Image
mr_grumble
Post Machine!

Postby JohnL » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:39 pm

Mr Grumble, sounds like it could indeed be me. I have a HT Holden Station Wagon that I will be selling soon. Who is your mate? Name names please....It's not Brett is it? Captain Cranky...

As for the "standard site", I rang a couple of caravan parks and the size varied between them all so should be interesting. I think I may well take your advice and get at least one other...
Last edited by JohnL on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnL

Postby Troyk » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:51 pm

Welcome John.
:mrgreen:
When you ask about the sites, ask about setback distances as well, as you will be surprised on some f the rules, not that I have stayed at many. Also you need somedistance for ropes and pegs probalby 1.5m depending on the height of your tarp
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Blue Bravo » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:38 pm

G'day and welcome. Nice to have someone from NSW for a change :grin:
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby teabags » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:32 pm

How long is a peice of string. We have been to caravan parks where we couldn't put out our rollout awning due to lack of room, and the back of our 16ft van was within cm's of the van behind us. Others we have stayed in you could setup your tarp four times over and still have room to spare.
If in doubt would pay to ring the individual van park to find out the sizes available.
cheers
Alan
teabags

Postby mr_grumble » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:01 am

JohnL wrote:Who is your mate? Name names please....It's not Brett is it? Captain Cranky...

:*** :***
You got it.
Whats with the Capt Cranky. :lol:
Steve
Image Image Image
mr_grumble
Post Machine!

Postby JohnL » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:54 am

mr_grumble wrote:
JohnL wrote:Who is your mate? Name names please....It's not Brett is it? Captain Cranky...

:*** :***
You got it.
Whats with the Capt Cranky. :lol:
Steve

Steve, Brett is known as Captain Cranky because he is usually cranky about something. He is at his crankiest when he has to be somewhere at a certain time and when he has a million jobs to do before he has people over. You share a car with him so you should know better than most. I pity the blokes that work with him.....

::()
JohnL

Return to Introductions: