Freedom Tents

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Freedom Tents

Postby Laurieh » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:21 pm

I was having a look at the website of Freedom tents and they seem to be of a high quality. Anyone got any experience with them
Laurieh

Re: Freedom Tents

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:51 pm

Laurieh wrote:I was having a look at the website of Freedom tents and they seem to be of a high quality. Anyone got any experience with them

Can't say I have heard of them Laurieh but I am sure someone has and will comment on them for you.
Last edited by GypsyLady on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby bungie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:59 pm

I shopped around a few months back, compared the Fredom and the Oztrail. Went the Oztrail 9x12 as the canvas was heavier, and the floor is PVC not tarp material. But about $100 more.
Click here and get a better understanding of what Anna Bligh has put in the drinking water supply of Queensland.
bungie

Postby Teabag » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:49 pm

If your talking about the Freedom Touring Canvas Tents then they a tip top and in the same league as the Southern Cross tents, hence the price.....They are on the expensive side but you get what you pay for and are a heap better tha the Oztrail version IMO.......

http://www.freedomcamping.com.au/touring.html
2006 GU4 4.2TDi Patrol with 2005 Limited Edition Kimberley Kamper and plenty of goodies.

http://www.4wdmonthly.com.au/shed/index.php?id=1003
Teabag
Captain Camping

Postby Gunna Do » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:03 pm

Laurieh,

We have only just recently sold our Freedom Tourer tent after about 8-10 years of camping. :grin: We found the tent to be very water proof, never having to resort to using a tarp to keep out the rain, as well as this we found the tent to be very stable in windy conditions.

I can highly recommend this brand of tent. We were a little sorry to see ours go. :(

Image Image
Image from GUNNA DO
Gunna Do
Camping King

Postby olddigger » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:38 pm

Thanks for the heads-up on the Freedom tents. Luckily I was sitting down when I rang the WA agent for a price check!
Still, as a believer in the principle of you get what you pay for, they seem to be very good quality and I'm going to check one out soon.
I had been thinking of the Black Wolf Turbo series, which seem easy to put up. Anyone able to comment on them please?
olddigger

Postby markandlea » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:12 pm

We have a Black Wolf Turbo plus 300. We have not put it to the real test yet. But have put it up and down twice and we are very happy it and with how easy it is so far. Very easy, fast and looks very well made.
markandlea

Postby chisel » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:19 pm

We also have a blackwolf turbo lite 300 plus. Not canvas but seems well made. Has survived some rain without any problems but hasn't had to deal with much wind yet.
Very easy to put up. Putting it back in the bag takes a bit more effort and patience (I'm a bit short on the patience sometimes! :grin: )

Heaps of space inside.
We got it for about $650-ish when anaconda had 25% off tents.
chisel
Boy Scout

Return to Gear Guide