sub category

Forum Rules, post questions, comments or suggestions, about this forum or website.

sub category

Postby talkingtree » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:09 pm

would be nice if we can have sub category for camping locations

ie one of nsw, one of qld, etc rather then having all in one, it's pretty annoying particular ones
talkingtree
Camping King

Re: sub category

Postby Activity_Dept » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:15 pm

Yes a good idea and one we are working on for the next upgrade. We are getting a fair few reviews in there now so the time has come.

Thanks for the suggestion and it will be done next upgarde.

:beer
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby borstalboy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:19 pm

I agree it would be great to be able to look at posts regarding locations and reviews state by state. As a new comer to the forum I have found it a little hard finding things for SA.
borstalboy

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:51 pm

Does everyone know there is actually a search function on this site? If you keep adding categories and sub categories and so on the board ends up getting pretty confusing.

Another hint, when writing reviews. Put the state in the heading so people know without even having to open the thread.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby borstalboy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:32 am

Yes I actually know there is a search Function on this site but try and search "SA" in the hope of getting info and see what happens, it does not work.
borstalboy

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:13 am

PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:22 pm

I thought 'SA' was two letters long...
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:22 pm

:oops:

Minimum of 3
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby talkingtree » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:38 pm

the problem is, if you want to go camping somewhere in nsw and you need suggestions, you searched nsw in sub forum such as parks and reviews, you get many none specific nsw repetitions, for example, it would show up with anything that has nsw in it or even get many results from the same subject

[url]http://forum.camping.com.au/search.php?keywords=nsw&terms=all&author=&fid[]=62&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search[/url]
talkingtree
Camping King

Postby borstalboy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:59 pm

I think there might be a movement starting here(open discussion). I still believe the use of sub categories state by state will make the board more user friendly. Is all I am saying is think it over please.
borstalboy

Postby Activity_Dept » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:30 pm

Well I think it is a good point :idea: and one that I have had on my list for a long time. So I have added the states and will start to move the topics in a bit at a time. Might take me a few weeks but I'll get there. But thanks for the reminder.

:beer
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby stevo. » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:44 pm

One reason i don't come here much is because of the complicated and messy look of the forum.

I just counted, 42 categories and subcategories. Are you people crazy? ::() I gave up trying to work out where i should be looking for stuff or posting stuff so i just go to the "it's all about the journey" category and post my trips, then come to this section and complain about all the subcategories. So now that i have done both, i can go again :cheers
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Activity_Dept » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:23 pm

See Steve my strategy is working I have already got you to do 2 posts when you normally would have only done one and you know we always love your feedback here :bunny

You can probably note how organised we are here by the fact the logo you did for us two years ago is still sitting in my to do folder :oops:

The multiple sections cater for those particular niche stories and tid bits and were feedback provided by our loyal members so who am I to restrict creativity :lol: But you have to admit it is much better then it was a few years ago, I'll take some of the credit for that ::) but also lots to the balance of users Troy etc. :+ . So I am always looking for new suggestions and as I mentioned we are looking at testing a new map based tool also so maybe that will engage you a little more :beer .
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby stevo. » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:35 am

ahh so it was a trap! :-bang

I'm not sure if it's better than years ago? It might be the same amount of posts being made but they're spread out further so it looks even quieter.

Soon there'll be subcategories for each day of the week :booty

:cheers
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:13 am

meeky wrote:Soon there'll be subcategories for each day of the week :booty

:lol:

I like the idea of less categories. But I too have been shot down in the past so I was waiting for someone else to mention it :mrgreen:
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Next

Return to Forum Rules, Questions & Comments.