Pictures of your camp sites

OK so this is your home away from home right. So lets share a few of these tips and (secrets) of a great camping site.

Re: Pictures of your camp sites

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:25 pm

Yeah it would be ok if it was just a tinny but by the looks of the boat in the background of the pic, that ain't the case....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:08 pm

Argle wrote:No good us having a camper trailer as that would make it too hard to tow the boat!!

Always look strange these days at Somerset that there isn't a CT or caravan in site at the campgrounds :lol:

Should go up for a weekend as it always looks great up there.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Franzy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:06 pm

This is our setup we use when we are using a powered site will camping for a week or so, which includes borrowed 3 way fridge from father in law. If camping for a weekend, usually rely on esky with home made ice. Just starting out with camper trailer and only using what we had while tent camping.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Work always gets in the way of camping. :)
Franzy
Boy Scout

Postby Margie » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:55 am

Hello, we have just started camping again , now as empty nesters.
Our new set up is just for two on a powered site. A two room dome tent, comfy bed, bar fridge, snack oven, hot plate, kettle. And new addition is a Baby Q webber, and also a shade canopy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Margie on Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:06 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Margie

Postby Argle » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:01 am

Looks a comfy set up there Margie, where is the second pic taken? Looks very nice!

Cheers and Beers
Scott
Argle
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:04 am

That definitely qualifies as a home away from home Margie.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Margie » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:29 am

The photo was taken at Evans Head, NSW. The Silver Sands Caravan park opens
up the reserve area along the river when they are booked out. We were lucky to
get that position. The beach is just around the bend and a nice cafe/ lunch area inbetween.
Margie

Postby Argle » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:52 pm

Nothing better than getting an unexpected upgrade hey! Evans is on my to do list (along with a million other things :*** )

Cheers and Beers
Scott
Argle
Captain Camping

Postby Buckles » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:38 pm

Hope I have downloaded these correctly. If not then I do not know how to it.

This is my humble abode, the tent just for me and the screened gazebo. Not satisfactory in the rain......but I have managed to get by. My fridge stays in the car as does anything else that might not be needed.

There are a few upgrades to be done, like a more weatherproof gazebo but am working on that. Needs to be lightweight so that I can put it up and down by myself and also to be able to put in the roof rack of my Forrester (when I get one). I suffer from ducks disease so that is also a problem.
Kay
0416 125 759
Buckles

Postby conmanturley » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:24 pm

Ah the evolution of camping.

My camping bug started out many years ago in the UK in the Scouts and from there went with me into my mountaineering and Mountain Rescue days so everything I had was light and portable enough to fit on my back. I did eventually upgrade to a "large" 3 person tent and it was with this that I introduced my partner to the joys of camping.

So the first few shots are our first camp over the New Year break this year. You can see my "Large" tent and one of my larger mountain tents in this shot along with my two very lovely camping companions. You can also see our kitchen set-up.

Then I improvised a table using an esky, blow up mattress and a beach mat.
Image.

The next trip was with another couple who we were reintroducing to the delights of camping and by this time my GF had spotted a bigger tent in Rays when we were in buying two poles and decided that bigger is better. :--?

This along with a table and a couple of chairs underneath the tarp our friends had brought along with their gas light and we were well on the way to being sorted.
Crepes anyone?

So the we decided to upgrade a little further and so we currently stand at this set up with gazebo, freestanding cooker and light powered from bottled gas along with a pantry, collapsible garden bin, door mats, two bikes and strecher camp beds.

And of course something to put it all in as my backpack was not going to cut it anymore.

Off again in two weeks and we will see what else might be needed. Have picked up a couple of tarps so excited to see how I will use them :bunny
How is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
conmanturley
Camping King

Postby crazy dog » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:49 pm

:hello:

Been a member for a while although not posted before (I don't think...old age ya know..). I notice many of you appear to park under trees for shade. Has anyone experienced an issue with tree branches falling..?

I must admit I am a bit paranoid about them falling so just what is everyone's opinion on that issue..

Nice pics as well.. :+

Grrr!!!
crazy dog

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:53 am

Depends on the type of tree i believe and if you knew strong winds were coming in you might change your mind.The gum trees are known for falling and exploding branches.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Derek Bullock » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:55 am

Actually the red river gums along the Murray River and wetlands will explode and have branches falling on hot days with no wind.

Very wise, to not camp under gum trees where you can.
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby KnP » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:29 pm

Great pics everyone... .very inspiring!
Where there is a will, there is a way!

Kate n Pete
KnP
Boy Scout

Postby Gunna Do » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:57 am

Hi all. We have been camping now for over 20 yrs using a variety of differant camping styles and visiting many beautiful places. We have just recently converted from camping with an off-road trailer and tent to a hardfloor Camp-o-matic camper trailer, which we bought second hand a few months back. Since buying the camper we have been trying to get away about every fortnight, to any camping spots within a few hours drive of the Hunter Valley.

THE OLD STYLE
Image Image

THE NEW STYLE
Image Image

Look forward to getting out there and meeting some of you like minded people.
Image from GUNNA DO
Gunna Do
Camping King

PreviousNext

Return to Show Us Your Campsite