Camping in/near Gold Coast or Tweed Heads

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Camping in/near Gold Coast or Tweed Heads

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:31 am

Planning a trip in February, going to probably be for just under 2 weeks in total. Now I want to do some of the parks, spend a few days on the beach, and go exploring in some of the mountains.

Is there any where nice an central to camp? I don't expect to find somewhere IN the gold coast, but maybe 1/2hr - 1hr away? Preferably near/on a beach (yeah, I know, I'm optimistic)

Looking on Google maps, there seems to be a lot of bushland on Fingal head, and around Tweed heads in general. Do/can people camp there?

Failing that, can anyone recommend a caravan park in the area (I feel dirty just asking that!) I'd just camp somewhere in a bit of bushland and not worry what people think, but we might have a family or 2 coming along.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Re: Camping in/near Gold Coast or Tweed Heads

Postby bellaposs » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:15 am

Hi, there are some nice camping grounds along the Tweed coast road between Kingscliff , Cabarita,HastingsPoint & Pottsville.
cheers. Brad
bellaposs

Return to Camping Tips and Locations