Introduction

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Introduction

Postby wannabe on the road » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:00 pm

Hi everyone,
My name is Debbie and my husband Geoff and I love camping and would love to travel. We live in Gladstone Qld and I think I have met Kramer. We love the quiet life and are in the decision making process of suitable camping requirements. Do we go with caravan and 4wd but that would restrict our exploring habit or go with a slide on, on a 4wd or maybe a small self contained camper???? Would love to hear peoples view on experiences.
Deb
wannabe on the road

Postby familybus » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:30 pm

without a doubt in my experiences! go with a decent sized deisel 4wd set up with fridge, draws, dual batteries etc and get yourselves some good sleeping gear and a decent tent! you can have it all packed up neat and off you go! :?#
familybus
Boy Scout

Postby Scolers » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:28 pm

G'day Debbie and Geoff and welcome to the forums.

In respoce to your query ... I have a camper trailer (CT) that goes just about everywhere with me. What we do is set it up in either a caravan park or camping site and then use that as our base. It gives you a comfy place to come back to plus warm showers.

If you literally want to leave civilisation behind and 'rough it' then the caravn may have to be left behind and a CT taken. Or even a tent. We carry a tent with us even when we have the CT as we would go to a caravan park for say a week and then maybe head off on a fourbie track for an overnighter.

Eitehr way a caravan or CT shouldn't limit your exploring too much. I found it to be just the opposite.

Good luck!

:armsup

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Thanks

Postby wannabe on the road » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:36 pm

Thanks for the response, we will take it into account. Tents are out of the picture though, the old man( so he thinks!) or feels rather will only go camping if it's off the ground as such. :+
Deb
wannabe on the road

Welcome

Postby Activity_Dept » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:53 pm

Welcome to the forum wannabe on the road (Deb). I can relate to your hubby's liking for some of the creature comforts :grin: I am a double bed man myself although would not exclude a trip without one but certainly a preference, too many crawly things down there. ::() and I'm the easy going one my wife wants an indoor toilet etc. etc.

But I would still sway towards the 4*4 with trailer in tow; campers don't quite cut it in OZ (too many nice place to visit that are inaccessible) and thers something about a slide on that I don't quite feel comfortable with not sure what really.
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Return to Introductions: