New members

New members

Postby Tysons » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:10 pm

:hello:,
We're the Tysons from Brissy and have just joined. We pick our caravan (Lotus) up next Tuesday and looking forward to many years of wonderful experiences, we haven't owned a caravan before but have had boats. Are there any places in Brisbane where you can get caravan lessons? We have the Caravanning with Confidence DVD and have watched it a few times so if anyone has any tips to help us along our caravanning way, please let us know.
Tysons

Re: New members

Postby Gunna Do » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:34 pm

Hello Tysons,

Sounds like an exciting time at your house with many trips planned I'm sure. We all have to start somewhere, so just take the first few trips with the van steady and I'm sure you will soon be mixing it with the best. Good Luck.
Image from GUNNA DO
Gunna Do
Camping King

Re: New members - The Tysons

Postby Tysons » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:00 pm

Thanks for the advice, we'll take it steady with hands gripping and manual on the lap we'll make it home. ::()
Tysons

Postby Blue Bravo » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:45 pm

Welcome to world of camping and caravanning :grin:
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Troyk » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:46 pm

Welcome. :mrgreen:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:27 pm

Tysons wrote:We're the Tysons from Brissy and have just joined. We pick our caravan (Lotus) up next Tuesday and looking forward to many years of wonderful experiences, we haven't owned a caravan before but have had boats. Are there any places in Brisbane where you can get caravan lessons?

Hello Tysons and WELCOME to the forum.

I think the RACQ and possibly AAMI run various lessons but am not sure if these are specifically caravan related.

I would be giving them a call to ask the question and if they don't perhaps they could point you in the right direction.

And please tell us about your Lotus caravan. I saw one in the campgound last Easter and it looked pretty impresssive. Saw another at Stanthorpe in October but did not get the chance to check it out.

Another thought would be to ask the caravan distributor where you are collecting your van from.

Enjoy......

Cheers Gypsy....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Queensland