New to the list - need tent repair

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

New to the list - need tent repair

Postby Earthmoontide » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:42 am

Hi, all. I'm new to the website, but not new to camping. I'm a sole parent, with a nine year old son and an eleven year old daughter. My goal is to take myself and the kids camping once per school term, but haven't braved Winter yet... We usually manage to camp in January, April, and November. Still working on the colder months....

We're set up for fire camping (bush), gas camping bush and/or parks) and electrical camping that's not really camping, I know, but the Inverloch Big4 is my reward for a hard year's worth of work...)

I'm in the process of trying to get a company to repair two of my coleman northstar 8 deluxe tent's door zips - was quoted $120 per zip! Extraordinary cost - $240 for zip repair, when the tent cost us $360 second hand....

Does anyone know of someone who'll repair / replace zips for much, much, much less?

Cheers,

Caz :hello:
Earthmoontide

Re: New to the list - need tent repair

Postby Redback » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:40 am

Earthmoontide wrote:Hi, all. I'm new to the website, but not new to camping. I'm a sole parent, with a nine year old son and an eleven year old daughter. My goal is to take myself and the kids camping once per school term, but haven't braved Winter yet... We usually manage to camp in January, April, and November. Still working on the colder months....

We're set up for fire camping (bush), gas camping bush and/or parks) and electrical camping that's not really camping, I know, but the Inverloch Big4 is my reward for a hard year's worth of work...)

I'm in the process of trying to get a company to repair two of my coleman northstar 8 deluxe tent's door zips - was quoted $120 per zip! Extraordinary cost - $240 for zip repair, when the tent cost us $360 second hand....

Does anyone know of someone who'll repair / replace zips for much, much, much less?

Cheers,

Caz :hello:

Need your location for a canvas maker to send you too, that price seems a bit much, my other half is a seamstress and she can get zippers for far less than that.

Baz.

Oh yeah, welcome aboard :mrgreen:
01 Discovery TD5 Locked & Lifted & Redback Country Camper Trailer
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby Blue Bravo » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:43 pm

Can't help but welcome to the forum :grin:
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Troyk » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:48 pm

Yeah Welcome :armsup
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Return to Introductions: