Sunroom for a Cabin Tent

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Sunroom for a Cabin Tent

Postby zero5 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:25 am

Can anyone suggest where I can buy a sunroom for the front awning of my canvas tent (the link shows what it looks like, not mine but its the only picture I could find on my computer).

http://www.allclassifieds.com.au/ac/ac0033?cid=122077863&imageId=2420908

I have a 'Horizon' brand tent which apparently is made in South Africa and is a little bit larger than all the current model cabin tents on the market. I have tried many shops but knowone has even heard of this brand and cannot match the size I need. The awning measures 2.4m long about 3.4m wide and 2.25 at the highest point.

I have enquired about having one made but they could not have it ready before Xmas which is when we need to use it.

Any suggestions ??

Many Thanks.
zero5

Re: Sunroom for a Cabin Tent

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:11 pm

Where did you purchase the tent from??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby zero5 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:06 pm

I bought it last year from an ad in the local paper, I think it was hills shire or trading post and the seller told me he bought it from a camping shop in the city about 4/5 years ago, can't remember which one but I have called or the larger ones with no luck.
Thanks.
zero5

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:10 pm

zero5 wrote:I bought it last year from an ad in the local paper, I think it was hills shire or trading post and the seller told me he bought it from a camping shop in the city about 4/5 years ago, can't remember which one but I have called or the larger ones with no luck.
Thanks.

That definitely does make it difficult zero5. The way I see it....you either have to run with getting one made or not have one at all.

Now I know you said you wanted one for xmas and that was not possible but that looks like the way it is going to be for you unless you can find another source.

Do you have the contact details of the seller still, if so ring and ask him which camping store it was.

My only other suggestion is 'the internet'

Cheers and Good Luck
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Gear Guide