River Island Naturist Retreat - Southern Highlands NSW

River Island Naturist Retreat - Southern Highlands NSW

Postby cokebottle » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:02 pm

Now this may not be everyones cuppa tea, but for those game enough to bare their skin in public (such as myself & my fiancee) I thought I post my review of the Naturist retreat situated along Wombeyan Caves Rd near Mittagong in the Southern Highlands South of Sydney

Well here goes......

We got there about 11:30am after leaving the Mountains at about 9am, the Naturist retreat is situated about 2 & 1/2 hrs drive south of the blue Mountains in the Southern Highlands

The scenery is spectacular...

The retreat is situated at the bottom of a very steep valley, with a very steep winding road down to it

The road is very rough, especially when we came out

We made it to the retreat alive, parked the car, paid our entry fee ($24 each) then drove down to next to the river & parked, undressed & went for a walk.

We had a bit of a walk along the river to check out a signposted "beach" which turned out to be a stretch of gravelly looking sand on the other bank, as we were walking the 4wd track to the beach a man & wife came along in their 4wd & offered us a lift, we jumped in they took us the rest of the way.

We then walked back to the car to have a bbq lunch, my fiancee kept commenting on how great it felt to be nude with the wind blowing over her body, she was hooked

Our bbq picnic was next to river, very nice & relaxing.

Then we headed back to the main pool area & jumped in the pool, they have 1 big pool which is not heated & a smaller heated pool as well as 4 spa pools, they also have a sauna which operates on certain weekends

My fiancee & I ended up chatting to the couple who gave a us a lift in their 4wd earlier, we sat in the therapeutic spa for a while then back in the heated pool, I was the only one of us to use the big cold water pool, the outside temperature was about 25C (77F) so it was not exactly cold, but quite pleasant out in the sun.

We spent about 2 hrs in & around the pool area, chatting a lot to the others there, they told us it was a quiet weekend & that it really comes alive on event weekends, they said that last New Year they had over 400 adults & 30-40 kids

Then my fiancee & I went for a bushwalk along the other side of the site, along the river & down to a 4wd river crossing.

Then back around to look at the rest of the park, the camping facilities are very basic, porta potty toilets, but clean enough, showers available near the pool area, also there is a very good ammenities block near the cedar cabins, with a new looking bbq area.

They have nice rustic cabins which have been integrated into the surrounds nicely, I would not really say it is a "resort" as such, more of a back to nature place, the facilities are very basic, but that's what it's attraction is.

There is heaps of 4wd tracks throughout the retreat, in fact we were informed that Toyota does secret new model trials there because of the technical difficulty of some of the tracks, I can relate to that, because the road into the place was borderline 4wd, lucky my car has abs & traction control ::()

Then it was time to head off we reluctantly walked back to the car & I was thinking to myself that I would stay nude till we get back to the entrance to the property (about a 10 min drive ) then as my fiancee was about to get in the car she says "we will have to find somewhere to get dressed" she wanted to stay nude to the last moment as well

We both jumped in the car nude & drove up the hill until we could just see the entrance gate, then we pulled off the track & we got dressed, very reluctantly

Getting dressed... reluctantly

All the way back home my fiancee & I couldn't stop talking about the day we had, my fiancee is keen to revisit the retreat, she has been nude with me on beaches & in a creek near her house, but has never truly experienced the freedom of being able to wander around nude without a care in the world

So in closing, if you are into being nude in nature then River Island is the place for you :booty :booty :booty :booty :booty :booty :***

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Re: River Island Naturist Retreat - Southern Highlands NSW

Postby amanda » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:36 am

I'm not sure that the other guests at the retreat would care to actually see my body nude! Sounds like you had a great time though.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby cokebottle » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:01 am

amanda wrote:I'm not sure that the other guests at the retreat would care to actually see my body nude! Sounds like you had a great time though.

There was all shapes & sizes/ages there but no one cared, everyone just "let it all hang out" :***

That's what it's all about, no one judges you no matter how big or small you are ;)

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby Gunna Do » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:21 am

Cokebottle,

The area looks very nice and the pics were great. :+

Do you find at most Nature Retreats that all the guests go nude :booty or is there some who remain clothed :oops: ? Or is wearing clothes not the thing to do there entirely?

Plenty of sunscreen and big hats would be the order of the day. ;)
Image from GUNNA DO
Gunna Do
Camping King

Postby cokebottle » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:06 am

Gunna Do wrote:Cokebottle,

Do you find at most Nature Retreats that all the guests go nude :booty or is there some who remain clothed :oops: ? Or is wearing clothes not the thing to do there entirely?

Plenty of sunscreen and big hats would be the order of the day. ;)

It is "clothing optional" & there was a couple of men there who stayed clothed (shorts) the whole time even around the pool, there was a guy & girl aged about 25 in the pool with us & the guy was full nude but his girlfriend was only topless.

Despite what people think, there was no sexual tension or weirdo's hanging around, in fact I would now prefer to go there than go to a beach ;)

We were told that at Christmas/New Year a lot of kids go there with their parents, some nude some not, in fact I know a girl who is about 17 & she goes nude there all the time, but she was raised by her parents to accept nudity as normal & has no hangups. (just like me) she just emailed me about 5 mins ago & she is all fired up to go there at New Years with her boy friend, who is not a nudist.

I often get asked "where do you look when you talk to a nude person?" I say "you look them in the eyes" sure there are times when you do notice "things" but you just don't worry about it ;)

Sunscreen is a big must take, we took two tubes :roll: but you have to remember to actually apply it :oops: we forgot :oops: I got a little red but it has cleared up & I am starting to brown, but Chris is still a bit sore around the top of her cheeks (you know which ones :lol: ) & also her arms & the top of her breasts are a little sore.

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby Redback » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:02 am

I have been to the 4WD training area there and while the nudity wouldn't bother me, i couldn't subject others to me nude, people would need therapy afterwards :booty

The river crossing there is where i drowned my old 4B :--?

Very nice spot, they have the Sons of Nissan there every year, it's an event for stock 4WDs more for driver and navigator skill and is for families too.

Baz.
01 Discovery TD5 Locked & Lifted & Redback Country Camper Trailer
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby cokebottle » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:25 am

Redback wrote:I have been to the 4WD training area there and while the nudity wouldn't bother me, i couldn't subject others to me nude, people would need therapy afterwards :booty

The river crossing there is where i drowned my old 4B :--?

Very nice spot, they have the Sons of Nissan there every year, it's an event for stock 4WDs more for driver and navigator skill and is for families too.

Baz.

If we start going there more regular then we will have to get a 4wd too! the road is a shocker coming out in a 1.6lt petrol auto, had it in low most of the way up with my foot flat, the traction control light kept flashing.

I was lucky to get 2 4wd's in a row in a period of 4 years in the past as a company drive car, might have to convince them I need one again ;)

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Return to NSW