Sleeping Bags

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Sleeping Bags

Postby OzeBoy » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:51 pm

Hey everyone, I'm in the market for a new sleeping bag. My Coleman one lasted me 5 years but all zips broke the other week. Is it worth getting the zips fixed or getting a new sleeping bag?

Any recommendations of brands?

Cheers, Oze.
OzeBoy
Camping King

Re: Sleeping Bags

Postby Gunna Do » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:22 pm

Ozeboy,

When buying your sleeping bag be careful when sellecting the temperature rating. I purchased a sleeping bag a while ago with a sub zero rating and found that I could not sleep under it during any period other than winter. It's a fine line between warm in winter and sinking hot in summer. Check out Anaconda catalogue as they have some very good discounts.
Image from GUNNA DO
Gunna Do
Camping King

Postby Blue Bravo » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:41 pm

As its summer you have a bit of time to look around. The big camping stores have heaps from very cheap to very dear. You need to work out where you are going to use it. As lighter bag may be ok if you carry a blanket or doona to make up the wamth factor and you can use it in warmer months.
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby patosonit » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:44 pm

Hi Oze Boy,

It is best to buy a new sleeping bag. The cost to replace zips is approx. $80.00.

I work for Coleman so i wont give you recomendations, my only advice is to buy for your coldest possible conditions you will face. You can always cool yourself down, you cant warm yourself up once you pass the Temp rating of the bag.

Ryan
patosonit
Boy Scout

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:34 pm

I've got two bags, ones a -7 and served me well in the snow. The others a +10 and cost me $25 about 10 years ago now. Can't complain about that. You just don't need an expensive bag in summer IMO, its just there to keep the breeze/mozzies out.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby rexgrant » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:02 am

Hi
Over hear in the UK,we find the sleeping bags that are specaly made for fishermen, who fish nights are better quality than the ones made for camping
Maybe worth checking them out down there.
Regards
Rex. :cheers
Hi again
I have just been surfing around the Australian tackle shops and did not find one,one thing I did learn, in the UK anglers worship carp here they are treated as vermin by most anglers. Just take a look at the camping gear they make for carp angler first the tents http://www.fishingwarehouseshop.co.uk/i ... 5ad9b31310

Then the Beds and chairs http://www.fishingwarehouseshop.co.uk/index.php/cPath/6

The the sleeping bags http://www.fishingwarehouseshop.co.uk/i ... p/cPath/14

Superb camping gear
Rex.
I would Like to Wish all our Fellow campers in Austrailia
A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR.
rexgrant
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:32 am

Carp are vermin here too Rex..
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Gear Guide