Boreen POint - with kids?

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Boreen POint - with kids?

Postby nicnak » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:58 pm

I've found a couple of old posts that say boreen point is a good spot with kids, just wondering what kind of age group?
I've never been myself - we have kids 10,8, 7, 3, 2... :)
nicnak

Re: Boreen POint - with kids?

Postby amanda » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:32 am

I don't have kids, but have been to Boreen many times, and I would say it is suitable for kids of all ages, particularly if they like the water - swimming, fishing, canoeing etc. It is still water there, so no dangerous surf for the kids to contend with. You can hire canoes/kayaks from the campground office, or tinnies from the boat hire spot just up the road by the local store. Every time we've been there the kids around us have all been having a great time, and one of the popular activities seems to be riding bikes around the campground, so if they have bikes pack them (if you can fit them that is). The amenities are very good, so no problems with toilets and showers etc for the younger ones. Highly recommend it!
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby ralo » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:20 pm

We used to go to boreen point pre-kids and we loved it (but driving from sydney that far with ids when family is all out in western nsw is too hard these days!)

We used to love being able to leave out cat (14ft windrush at the time) on the banks of the lake for the whole holiday

the lake is lovely to swim in nice shallow areas, very warm

Hiring a runabout and motoring up the river is great - there are massive walks you can do which you access on the other side of the lake - so take a runabout across the lake and then do them

Canoeing

It is just a really lovely place and I wish it wasn't so far for us!

At the camp ground you are right next to the lake.
ralo

Postby linz » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:51 pm

Have been camping at Boreen Point many many many times with my children and recently with my partners kids. I started there when mine were 2 and 4, last year I went with our 5 - 10 yr, two 12 yrs, 13 yr and a 14 yr old. they have an absolute ball. You can walk a couple a k out in the lake and it only comes up to your knees. Good fishing, skate park, tennis court, bike jumps (bikes are a definite must there for kids), shops are in working distance, short cut to the gorgeous pub that has fabulous meals. Takeaway shop, restaurant, short drive to Noosa's beautiful beaches. Excellent facilities. Very child friendly, take torches for spotlight at night game! Very laidback, early to bed early to rise. Huge favourite camping spot, totally booked out and chockas at Easter and Christmas!!
linz

Return to Camping Tips and Locations