G'day from Vegas!

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

G'day from Vegas!

Postby mojo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:49 pm

Brisvegas that is. ;)

Came across this site the other day when I was looking for some info on Flanagan's Reserve. I like it! Lots of good info and nice people from what I've seen so far.

We have a Defender and mostly camp around the SEQ region - Moreton, Straddie, Mt Mee, Glasshouse Mountains, Beuadesert area, Levuka ....... thats most of the places we've been in the last few years I think. We like getting away for a weekend camp, so usually don't get more than a couple of hours from Brissie. Next year might be different though, we are planning a bigger trip - either a Simpson crossing or the Cape. Not 100% sure yet that we'll be able to do it, but we've got our fingers crossed!

Cheers

Sean
Cheers

Sean
mojo
Boy Scout

Re: G'day from Vegas!

Postby Troyk » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:07 pm

Welcome to the forum Sean! :armsup
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:25 pm

Hi Sean and WELCOME to the forum. Lots of great advice and many members happy to share tips and tricks for better camping.

I am also planning a big trip to the outback next year and would love to hear of your plans as you go.

Cheers...
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Blue Bravo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:40 pm

Welcome to the forum. We too are planning for 09. It also includes a trip to the Cape and Simpson Desert. Might have to swap ideas as we go along. :grin:
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby mojo » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:58 am

Thanks for the welcome!

If our trip (more likely to be the Simpson than the Cape at this stage) gets off the ground, I'll be sure to keep you updated with our progress.

Glen, we might see you out there! If so I'll shout you a beer :cheers
Cheers

Sean
mojo
Boy Scout

Postby Blue Bravo » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:55 pm

Picked up the December issue of Overlander this am. It has 2 items that caught the attention - 1 a Cape York Trip and another to the Simpson.

No need to shout a beer, I can the fiz of a twist top opening from a fair distance :beer
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Activity_Dept » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:19 am

Welcome to the forum Mojo. Nice to have you aboard.

:hello:
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Return to Introductions: