New SEQ Organiser Needed

Lets get this party started. We are looking for local leaders to start and organise local camping clubs in your area. Look here for up coming events in your area.

New SEQ Organiser Needed

Postby Troyk » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:13 pm

The last few months have been pretty hectic for me at work, and I really don't have the time to organise any trips away, especially wih other committments such as my sons cricket and scouts and the long list of projects I need to do around the house. 2009 ain't going to be a lot better.

I just haven't been able to think much about camping, little own getting organised to put something together. As well I don't have the flexability to move weekends due to wet weather etc. In 2009 my family is pretty going to go camping when we can, so I doubt we will be coming to any future events.

So, I know a few of you have been keen on giving me suggestions on what we need to do, so that means there are some good quality candidates out there, who can take on the task. Perhaps you can post here or PM activity_dept with your expression of interest.

So whoever takes it on, best of luck and if you need any advice etc feel free to PM me.

I also would like to thank people like Barby-Q and Al&Sharon for helping out along the way. Much appreciated.

Cheers
Troy
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Re: New SEQ Organiser Needed

Postby Activity_Dept » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:46 pm

Hi Troy,

I would like to thank you for your time and effort put into the Camping Club along with the fellow supporters. I can see it has been a lot of work and has been a difficult task trying to organise a group of people with such a wide range of interests. We all have commitments and I think with camping there are a lot of different motivations that bring people together i.e. family camping, bush and 4wdrv, boating and fishing, day trips etc. I think if people find they have some common interests on the forum feel free to start your own group or sub group and organise your own trips and functions that perhaps focus more around a common interest.

That is not to say we would not welcome a Camping Club organiser but I think we have all noted the challenges Troy, Al & Sharon, Barby-Q and others have had. The Camping forum will help where we can however remember we are an unsponsored Forum, which means we earn no revenue, and have no hidden motivations its just a cool domain name and a hub where people can meet and engage at will. But we are keen to see people enjoy camping, the great outdoors and each other’s company so we will do what we can to help.

Thanks again Troy and co for your time and effort, all the best in the New Year.

:+ :+ :+
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:25 pm

I hope that does not mean we are losing you Troy??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby amanda » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:48 am

While I am certainly not putting my hand up to be "Camping Club Co-ordinator" I would be happy to organise one SE Qld weekend away this year. I'll post some ideas for date/venue in the general "Group/activity" forum, and see if there's any interest.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Activity_Dept » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:42 pm

That would be great Amanda; we can support you a little from here particularly if it is Gold Coast/South Brisbane area as this is where we are based.

Regards,
:beer
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby stevo. » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:11 pm

gees, this is one of those hidden forums on this site that i bet hardly anyone looks at. :booty

But glad i found it. I think it'd be hard to do this job, and maybe it doesn't need to be done? I think anyone that tries will probably try organise things and be dissappointed with the ratios of input vs return interest.

Maybe along the lines of what Activity Dept has said,.... it's hard to organise a bunch of freaks... oh ok maybe he said it a little different ... oh ho now i'm trouble :-bang

I am up for doing a few 4wd trips/camping, but i would do my usual and just post up that i am going somewhere and people are welcome to come along. We have done this for many years. If you want to go somewhere, you just go, if people come along that's great, if they don't it doesn't matter, but just go anyway and never complain that no one turned up... not relying on anyone else for your happiness. ... ahhh, need another beer :cheers
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:58 pm

I think that an excellent idea Meeky
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:03 pm

meeky, you are right, dont really need one. I felt my only use was to listen to peoples complaints and issues, which gets you down after a while. Between April (Deer park) and Nov (the aborted Sharp park), I got 114 PM's (just counted them) plus numerous emails, of which 90% were, I wont go if so and so goes, or wont go if there are too many kids, and even got one suggesting a girls only weekend, and got the feeling they were expecting me to organise it. I appreciate peoples concerns over camping fees being too high or the travel distance because of high petrol costs, and took them on board.

I think if people had been more positive about it, like Alan etc, I think it would have worked, but I have enough of my own troubles in life, to start worrying about gripes.

Good luck to those who put their hand up, and hope all the best for some successful trips.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:24 pm

IMO for what it is worth....I think Meeky's idea is the best way to overcome all those dramas Troy.

Hopefully Amanda's camp to Boreen Point will be a successful one and the begining of many more to come.

It never ceases to amaze me as to how many people find so many things to complain about when they are supposed to all have one common interest.

Again, IMO...if the arranged camp is not to one's liking for whatever reason..don't go, it is that simple.

Nothing will ever be achieved by whinging to the organiser about one's likes and dislikes, thereby making demands....in the end everyone misses out.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:00 pm

AS they say You can`t please all of the people all of the time. IMO people should take some responsibility themselves instead of leaving it all to one person,if someone names a place and a weekend,if you want to go, ring and book yourself in,ring yourself and ask the questions, if something doesn`t suit stay at home and maybe the next one will,or pick a place you like and open it to everyone.As for I`m not going if so and so`s going then stay away.
As for me this year i have started a new job with some weekend work and our family has three big get togethers, two weddings, one in Yepoon;also the girls at work want me to organise a weekend camping for them, so any camps i do will most likely be short and sweet.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:21 pm

Good comment PJ
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:17 pm

Perhaps people are uncomfortable or nervous about putting their hand up. Perhaps I was a bit grumpy about it, its not if anyone was rude about it.

Troyk

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:27 pm

Troy, for any person to put those sort of demands on anyone is defintely a form of rudeness and it is a great pity you had to endure it.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby CampGrrlz » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:01 pm

Poodle Jewel wrote:if someone names a place and a weekend, if you want to go, ring and book yourself in, ring yourself and ask the questions...

Top idea! :grin: All the person who's going has to do is supply venue, dates, contact details for the park and maybe a brief outline especially if the park doesn't have a website. The rest is up to those who want to go.

That way, everyone gets a bit and no one has sole responsibility. ::)

Elaine and Elaine
Two old boilers are armchair Glampers ;-)
CampGrrlz
Camping Queens

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:51 am

I totally agree with this concept....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to The Camping Club