QLD- ISland Reach

Re: QLD- ISland Reach

Postby ben... » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:38 pm

QueenslandPommie wrote:I camped at Island Reach this weekend just gone with 2 of my teenage kids - My first ever camping trip and took our Labrador with us.
I took some photos which I posted on the internet for my wife to see as she is in England at the moment. You can view them here....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/neilpierce/sets/72157609330662707/

Our dog loved swimming in the creek and you can let you dog run around down by the creek so long as you closely supervise them.

Looks like you guys had a great time, make me want to get out of this office and go now :(
ben...
Post Machine!

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:23 pm

Those photos are great.looks like you all had a good time,including the dog
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Troyk » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:49 pm

Great photos Neil. :mrgreen:

You seemed to have figured the camping thing out pretty quick. :cheers
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby QueenslandPommie » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:02 pm

Troyk wrote:Great photos Neil. :mrgreen:

You seemed to have figured the camping thing out pretty quick. :cheers

Yeah, well I asked a few experienced campers what to get and went and blew a stack of hard earned cash on camping gear all in one day at the same store. I think they loved me.
QueenslandPommie

Postby ben... » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:33 pm

Hey GL you camper here over xmas last year? (i think) how did you find it, was it really busy? or what there a quiet time and a busy time?
ben...
Post Machine!

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:16 pm

ben... wrote:Hey GL you camper here over xmas last year? (i think) how did you find it, was it really busy? or what there a quiet time and a busy time?

Yes I did Ben and it was pretty quite up till boxing day and then got busier through to New Years Eve when a lot of people left. Because it rained many people came inland instead of camping on the coast but it was still good and certainly not overcrowded.

The only issue you might have if it gets very busy is that the amenities block struggles a bit, 3 toilets and 2 showrs in the ladies. and I presume similar in the gents.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby ben... » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:40 pm

i have 4 weeks off as of today, so might wait until the new year break is over and everyone goes abck to work to head up, perhaps it will be quieter then.
ben...
Post Machine!

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:20 pm

It will be quiter then and cheaper but even in the busy time it is good, the campground is spread out quite well.

I am sure you will enjoy it Ben....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby mojo » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:03 am

Hi all,

From all the pics that have been posted, this camp ground looks very nice. I think we will check it out some time early in the new year. Just wondering if anyone knows how far you can paddle up Yabba creek in a kayak? Is it only a few hundred metres, or can you follow it for a couple of km's or more?
Cheers

Sean
mojo
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:42 pm

I understand it goes up some way to a weir and many people do paddle the creek.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby madcamper » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:16 pm

Hi all,

well we have just got back from Island reach and I cant praise the place enough. We had a great time and even took my Mum camping with us this year. The grounds were lovely and clean, and also well kept and mowed. It was great having a pub just up the road and next time we go, we will be buying our meat daily from the local butcher. It was also great having fresh ice just up the road too. Had a lovely chat to an old local lady ( 70 +) who's father was one of the original families in the area. Learnt alot about the 'good old days'. I couldn't get away from her! Dear old soul!! We will definately be going back, but maybe when its a bit cooler. So thanks to you guys who recommended the place!! Cheers Madcamper
madcamper
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:47 pm

GLAD to hear you enjoyed your camp at Island Reach Madcamper....it is definitely one of my favourite places.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby ScottyB » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:26 am

I am now thinking of heading up there mid to late next week for a few days, I hope being between Xmas/New Years and Australia Day that it won't be too crowded - bit concerned on finding enough flat spots to park the big camper trailer if its packed ....

My camper is a heavy bugger (ATM 1600kg) so pushing it into place if its a tight fit isnt an option unless the Wallabies are there and want some scrum practice. :grin:
ScottyB
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:51 pm

You won't have any probs with getting a flat spot for the CT, mine too weighs in at 1750kg fully loaded and I have never had an issue. ENJOY...
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby madcamper » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:24 pm

Im sure you will love the place scotty. I think your CT will be fine, as we have a big 12fter and we had no trouble at all. We camped at the far end (Near the road) right along the river/creek. We even made a little path down to the water and had the spot to ourselves. Hope you enjoy the place as much as we did......
madcamper
Camping King

PreviousNext

Return to Queensland