NSW - Umina Big 4 Caravan Park

NSW - Umina Big 4 Caravan Park

Postby bockstar » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:08 am

Hi there

Spent a weekend at the Big 4 Caravan Park (now a NRMA holiday park??) in Umina. Had a great time. Thought I'd briefly note down some pros/cons for future reference.

Pros
1. Great location right on the beach. Great beach for the little kids as there is vitually no surf or swell
2. Fantastic pool and spa with a slide. The pool complex has 3 sections; infant/toddler area, spa and general pool with a slide
3. Amenties are good. A number of BBQ spots are located throughout the park.
4. 2 jumping pillows and a playground.
5. Kids club, although we didn't use so I can't really comment whether it was good or bad

Cons
1. No camp kitchen to speak off - ie. no common use fridge or microwave. There is 1 common sink for washing up. We were "advised" by the cleaners that we could use the laundry facilities :roll:
2. The pool is a fair distance from the powered/unpowered sites. The pool is actually located near the gucci cabins

Other
1. Large population of permanent vans
2. Notable presence of security personnel in the evenings

I may have missed somethings and perhaps if some other folk have anything else to add, they can.

Would we go there again? Yes, in fact we're booked into the place in early Feb. Would we go back regularly? Probably not.

Cheers
Challenge C/T - Offroad, Softfloor camper
Tool box, Water Tank, Gas Bottle, Kitchen on tailgate, 10Ft Tent
bockstar
Captain Camping

Re: Umina Big 4 Caravan Park

Postby mouth » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:47 pm

Thanks, after reading your thoughts and check it out on the 'web we have decided to spend a night at this CP next week whilst doing a road trip from Brisbane to Melbourne. My little daughter loves the Big4 large jumping pillows. Their website lists a camp kitchen, so I'll take that with a grain of salt and set my expectations to low/non-existent for this. Is the waterslide on their site part of the park, or something nearby? Was it operational?

http://ocean-beach-holiday-park.nsw.big4.com.au/
mouth
Boy Scout

Re: NSW - Umina Big 4 Caravan Park

Postby Woodsy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:56 pm

The Presence of security of a evening is because of some of the local kids get up to no good during the night. You would of noticed a skate park at the turn off for the road down into the Park. They have had MANY violent riots there with young teens getting out of control.

Don't let this put you off the area though as it is a beautiful spot and there is always Patonga only a 10 minute drive away from Umina however it does get very busy.

Cheers

Josh
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Return to NSW