Camping in Queensland,Australia

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Camping in Queensland,Australia

Postby JohnTee » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:09 am

Good Day,

I am new to this forum. I am from Malaysia. Have been to Australia several times for holiday and mostly to the Gold Coast and Byron Bay.

I want to try camping in Queensland and i am not familiar with the national parks or areas i can camp.

Can someone guide me? I tried reading the Camping.com.au Site, but too much information and i am getting confused.

Thank you for the help.

Cheers.
JohnTee

Camping Advice

Postby Activity_Dept » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:04 pm

Hi John,

Well that’s a tricky one, generally I think you need to get the logistics down first, i.e. what region, (North, South, West) Nth is going to be hotter and may be more climate affected depending on time of year, South is nice as you know, as generally is central, West is obviously inland and likely more of a rural trip nice to target a festival or event unless you have something specific in mind. So decide do you want, costal, inland, hinterland then decide do you want to RV/campervan it (rent a camper and drive there from a major center) or tent it. If you tent it you need all the gear, sleeping bags, tent, lanterns etc. whereas with a camper you can generally rent all the stuff. Once you decide choose your starting and finishing points and then do the math’s day 1, day 2 etc. from your starting point see what parks are with driving range and then choose a park. Once you get that far you can ask about specific parks etc.

Good luck.
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby freerocketman1 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:22 pm

hi john. if your looking for info on qld national parks try the epa qld web site they have info on all the camp grounds in the national parks & how to get there.
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby Kramer » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:28 am

Hi John try somewhere other than north Queensland as the countryside and climate is nearly the same as yours and you will get bored quickly. Try western QLD as it is very different to most areas of QLD but there isn't many people around so you have to be prepared quite well.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby JohnTee » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:03 pm

Thank you guys for the replies.

I am still doing my research.

Queensland is so so big!!!

Thank you once again.

Cheers.
JohnTee

Postby JohnTee » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:11 pm

Sorry to bother again, are there any camp sites on the beaches on the Gold Coast?

Cheers.
JohnTee

Postby amanda » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:14 pm

Tallebudgera Tourist Park is waterfront and in a beautiful spot with easy access to both surf beach and calm water for swimming. Have a look at the website http://www.gctp.com.au
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Camping Tips and Locations