New to this camping thing

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

New to this camping thing

Postby lorichevy8 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:19 pm

Hi, My husband and I recently purchased a camper trailer and are eager to meet others with the same interests. We have a very active 6 year old son who just loves the outdoors. Are there any clubs in the southern suburbs of Brisbane?

We have been camping a bit over the last 2 years but have now upgraded from the tent to the camper trailer. We love going to Bestbrook at Maryvale where my son and husband potter around on their motorbikes and recently went to Neurum Creek which was pretty good although very hot in November.

Hoping to hear from anyone with like minded interests.

Lori :hello:
lorichevy8
Captain Camping

Re: New to this camping thing

Postby Blue Bravo » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:35 pm

Welcome to the forum. There are heaps of Brisbanites regulars on the forum and I'm sure they will introduce themselves soon. :grin:
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Activity_Dept » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:11 pm

Hi lorichevy8,

Welcome, yes there are a number of people from Brisbane and the Gold Coast on the forum. We have made several attempts at organising trips with a few successful ones but it is hard rounding everyone up on the same weekend. I think there are a number away for the holidays but when they are back perhaps we can give it another go and try to organise something. If you are the organising type feel free to try and round a few up (see Groups/The Camping Club).

Regards,

:hello:
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby lorichevy8 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:32 pm

Hi, we have arranged a round trip for the july school holidays, Brisbane, Roma, Longreach, Mt Isa, Charters Towers, Airlie Beach, Rocky, Hervey Bay, then home. over 2 weeks. stopping at mainly Big 4 parks.

This should be a good intro to long distance camping.!!!

:+
lorichevy8
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:30 pm

lorichevy8 wrote:Hi, we have arranged a round trip for the july school holidays, Brisbane, Roma, Longreach, Mt Isa, Charters Towers, Airlie Beach, Rocky, Hervey Bay, then home. over 2 weeks. stopping at mainly Big 4 parks.

This should be a good intro to long distance camping.!!!

:+

Should advise that anyone who travels with their canine family, Big4 CPs are not pet friendly.

This looks like a great trip though.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Groups & Activities