JACOBS WELL TOURIST PARK

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

JACOBS WELL TOURIST PARK

Postby lain71 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:33 pm

Hi,

Has anyone camped at Jacobs Well near the Gold Coast ??? I'm concerned about mosquitoes.

We are looking for something close to Brisbane (about 45-60 mins) but with swimming options.

Thanks.
lain71

Re: JACOBS WELL TOURIST PARK

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:00 pm

I personally have not camped at Jacobs Well but my daughter has on a number of occasions and she says there are always mossies there.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:25 pm

The whole Gold Coast has mosquitos and midges,if anyone knows a place they don`t exist let us know. Jacobs Well is a small area but very nice.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby snake_dr » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:51 pm

my folks have stayed at jacobs well for the 2nd xmas running, the midgies and mozzies are only around when there is no breeze, which apparently isnt that often, but whoah, when the winds not there its crazy, i couldnt deal with it

we've stayed in the council run caravan park on the water at broadbeach a heap and there are no insects at all, we did stay in the cooler months during last winter, twice, so not sure if that was the reason for lack of midgies but its a nice park
snake_dr
Camping Veteran

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:39 pm

The Midges are less in winter and you are correct in saying the wind keeps them away,i now apply Listerine ( i buy Aldis it is much cheaper) , you may have to put it on every couple of hours but it seems to work.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Camping Tips and Locations