Manning River Camping Area - Barrington Tops

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Manning River Camping Area - Barrington Tops

Postby Woodsy » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:48 pm

Hi all.

Has anyone camped at this camp site? I have read a review about it and it is meant to be good but i would like to see what its like before we make the trip up there.
Cheers

Josh
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Re: Manning River Camping Area - Barrington Tops

Postby markannab » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:57 pm

Surprised there's no reply yet. We live at Taree & have been wondering what is up that way too.
Freelance Design, Printing and Rubber Stamps: http://www.worldofprinting.com
markannab
Captain Camping

Postby Beagle » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:30 am

We did bit of a drive up there over Xmas and checked out a couple of good places.
1. Woko National Park. Great spot. Can be found in the NSW NPWS web site. Good flat area with river frontage. We will certainly be camping there sometime in the future. http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/Natio ... x?id=N0057
2. Bretts Reserve. A little further along Thunderbolts Way from Gloucester towards Walcha. Great open paddock with river frontage. Again a great looking spot.
Beagle
Captain Camping

Postby markannab » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:45 pm

Yes, Bretti Reserve is nice. Never camped there but driven in. But I've been given warning it can get wild during Easter & Christmas.
Freelance Design, Printing and Rubber Stamps: http://www.worldofprinting.com
markannab
Captain Camping

Postby Redback » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:56 am

Yes we camped there over the Xmas/New Year, if your going by the photos on the SF map then you'll be very dissapointed, cause it's nothing like that photo, the falls a good 20min drive away.

It's not to bad though, has a long drop that's good and fairly clean, access to the river is not bad (it's cold) it's 2WD all the way and the best way to get there is via Gloucester.

See my report in the It's About The Journey section, which is the next section down from this on the board index.

Baz.
01 Discovery TD5 Locked & Lifted & Redback Country Camper Trailer
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Return to Camping Tips and Locations