Hi all we're the terry's

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hi all we're the terry's

Postby the terry's » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:31 am

Hi everyone, we're the terry's, all six of us.

We've been granted our visa (176) and looking forward to migrating to Australia. We can't sell our house at the moment, so we are coming over for a reccie. We're hiring a motorhome for a month, starting off in Adelaide then onto Melbourne taking the coastal route, catching the Spirit of Tasmania ferry and onto Hobart. We'll be meeting up with friends along the way, and can wait. We'll be coming over beginning of March and going back beginning of April from Hobart. We've bought ourselves a ten man tent to take with us when we finally get to Australia, weather in UK is pretty dyer the best of times so we're hoping that Australia will be better.

If anyone can give us any advice about motorhomes (this being the first we ever rented) that would be great, and also where can I find info on where we could stay along the route, we will only get maps when we pick it up from the depot, but we would like to plan our route before then, also are there places we could stay for free, lay by's etc???

Many thanks for any advice,

Helenx and family.
the terry's

Re: Hi all we're the terry's

Postby markannab » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:31 am

Welcome! You may find this weather website useful in looking ahead. Just type in either the postcode or town name of where you're heading (and of course, you can check this before you even leave the UK) and get some useful information (what I've pasted below is just for my own area, so you'll need to change that):

Seven day forecast with extensive details: http://www.weatherzone.com.au/nsw/mid-north-coast/taree
28 day forecast: http://www.weatherzone.com.au/long-range-forecast/28-day-rain/nsw/mid-north-coast
Freelance Design, Printing and Rubber Stamps: http://www.worldofprinting.com
markannab
Captain Camping

Postby ben... » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:09 am

sounds like a great trip, i love all the areas from south aus through to victoria, some really great places to visit and HEAPS of great wine and food. havn't been able to get the time to make the jump over to tasmania, but its on the the list of to do's very soon.
ben...
Post Machine!

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:12 am

You`ll love it,all that area is lovely and you`ve picked a good time of year.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Introductions: