Camping South australia

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Camping South australia

Postby peekayjay » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:20 pm

Hi,

I am looking for somewhere to go camping between melb and adel. pref closer to adel, we do not need facitlities but would like to be close to water as my brother has a small boat to go fishing in.

Would also like to be within 30 min drive to a town.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks
peekayjay

Postby jollyroger » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:19 pm

Try Speak Creek. It's just south east of Port Augusta and close to Wilmington. Right on the base of the Flinders ranges. There is great fishing around Port Augusta and the Speak Creek Caravan Park is natural bush. They have powered and non powered sites. It is just paradise!
I have been there twice now and I will be back.

8)
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Camping South australia

Postby Gerry Simpson » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:08 am

You are well off course Jolly Roger, Port Augusta is the long way round between Melbourne & Adelaide.

Somewhere near Lake Alexandrina would be nearer the ticket.
Gerry Simpson
Boy Scout

Postby jollyroger » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:22 am

You can try Robe. One of nicest beachside towns in SA. The freshest seafood and spectacular scenery. Truely a delightful spot!
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Return to Camping Tips and Locations