Just a quick hello

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Just a quick hello

Postby Wrecksie » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:56 pm

hi everyone - have been reading this site for some time and have found it really interesting so thought i would register finally and say g'day.

my family (wife and 2 girls 14 and 12) have had a few camping experiences since starting camping about 5 years or so ago. we've got an Oztrail Villa Elite tent so plenty of room for all of us and then some.

So far we have camped at Bargara, Bigriggen, Somerset Dam, Dickys Beach (Caloundra) and Iluka NSW (I grew up there but never understood what the fuss was about with all the people "invading the town every year camping till last year when after about 25 years since leaving the town we returned there to camp for a week -- great place and would love to go back again). We're heading off next at Easter to Goomburra Valley campgrounds with our camping crew -- can't wait. We did a reccie to check it out a few months ago and it looks quite nice. Our camping crew comprises 3 couples and our 7 teenage daughters (no boys amongst our lot) so hopefully everyone will enjoy it.

We're hoping to get a week away later this year up the Qld coast so i might ask for some suggestions later on when we work out how we want to go.

thanks and good to be a part of this forum now
Wrecksie
Wrecksie
Captain Camping

Re: Just a quick hello

Postby Argle » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:22 am

:hello: Welcome aboard, its a good forum with plenty of info available. Dont be shy about sticking some pics up of places you have been, look forward to hearing more from you

Cheers and Beers
Scott
Argle
Captain Camping

Postby Troyk » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:27 am

Welcome to the show Wrecksie. :armsup
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby J`CRUISER » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:50 pm

welcome to the forum. we love pics here so post some up
J`CRUISER
Captain Camping

Postby Jo&Kev » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:36 am

Hi Wrecksie
Welcome along. I'm with you about Iluka. I grew up in Maclean and used to head down there from time to time. Seemed a long way from anywhere back then. Never camped there but when we head up that way to visit rellies we always call in for a look around!
Kev
Our blog - with bigger pics!
http://actnswcamping.blogspot.com/
Jo&Kev
Post Machine!

Return to Introductions: