Remote control TV antenna

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Remote control TV antenna

Postby cokebottle » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:13 pm

I am thinking about buying a remote control tv antenna for home, it will be for the tv in the bedroom & because I can't run cables etc from the other tv I thought about sticking it up on the gutter etc.

Has anyone seen or know how good they are? I have seen a few sold on ebay going for .01c to $10 + $19.95 postage.

http://www.crazysales.com.au/index.php?f=getprice&productID=1909&utm_source=getprice&utm_medium=cpc

They look ideal for caravan/CT use too.

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Re: Remote control TV antenna

Postby ben... » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:17 pm

looks interesting, never seen a rotator for a TV antenna before. Back in my HAM radio days i have masthead rotors but they where built to carry large loads. you may want to have a look around the trading most and see if you can pick up and old second had rotator.
ben...
Post Machine!

Postby cokebottle » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:24 pm

ben... wrote:looks interesting, never seen a rotator for a TV antenna before. Back in my HAM radio days i have masthead rotors but they where built to carry large loads. you may want to have a look around the trading most and see if you can pick up and old second had rotator.

This antenna has one built in as well as a masthead amp, if it is half as good as they claim (160km reception etc) it would proably be ideal for caravaning/camping etc - I already have an antenna for the main telly but I want something for the tv in the bedroom & as it is a rental house it can't be anything too permanent.

I used to have a couple of rotators back in my HF CB days too, dad used to say our house was a NASA satellite tracking station :grin: incidently I am currently in the process of getting my "F" call to get on air.

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby ben... » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:23 pm

Nice... i still have my VK, have couple of 2m,70cm and a few HF rigs in moth balls, alof with a few beams and verts pack away for the day i want to fire them back up, or donate them to a musem
ben...
Post Machine!

Postby cokebottle » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:40 pm

I bought a Yaesu FT-470 2m/70cm handheld on ebay, been listening a lot to my local 2m repeater which has irlp on it, it really blows my mind when you listening to operators all around the world talking and when I get my licence I will be talking back to them :?#

On HF CB I got a few dx contacts to the US, hawaii & NZ as well as almost all the states of Aus, but it was mostly poor reception/fading etc, but when you can pick up your radio, punch in a code & be talking to someone in the US as if they were next door..... WOW!

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby J`CRUISER » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:56 pm

cokebottle wrote:
ben... wrote:looks interesting, never seen a rotator for a TV antenna before. Back in my HAM radio days i have masthead rotors but they where built to carry large loads. you may want to have a look around the trading most and see if you can pick up and old second had rotator.

This antenna has one built in as well as a masthead amp, if it is half as good as they claim (160km reception etc) it would proably be ideal for caravaning/camping etc - I already have an antenna for the main telly but I want something for the tv in the bedroom & as it is a rental house it can't be anything too permanent.

I used to have a couple of rotators back in my HF CB days too, dad used to say our house was a NASA satellite tracking station :grin: incidently I am currently in the process of getting my "F" call to get on air.

Michael

a cheap main splitter, some RG6 coax and a wall plate and you have a new antenna point. i work for and AV company and had one of our installers run all new cable and a 8 way splitter and it was stuff all money. now have 8 antenna points in the house running 6 digital TV's and 2 SPAMER.
J`CRUISER
Captain Camping

Postby Komodo » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:32 pm

Id check with the land lord weather you can just connect an additional point in the bedroom surely that would be fine with them - might even go you halvies in the cost. I know my parents have done that with their tennants in the past for putting in additional points as most people want a TV in the bedroom &/or kitchen these days ontop of the ones in the family / rumpus rooms.
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to Gear Guide