New Camping Family

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Re: New Camping Family

Postby ben... » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:34 pm

sounds like you had a great time none the less... ive always wondered what it would be like to camp there, thought it might have been abit of fun for the kids....some friends of ours stayed there for a week over the xmas holidays and said it was great. Free WIFI? i think they said, and loads to do for the kids.
ben...
Post Machine!

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:34 pm

Congratulations Leah on a very successful camp and yes a lesson well learned with the 'tarp over'...always well worth the little extra effort...but then you knew that.

Talle creek has been a firm favourite of families for many years and I guess it will go on being so for many more to come.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:49 pm

Sounds like a great spot Leah, shame I'm in NSW. You guys seem to have heaps of great spots up there. We will get there one day when the kids have all left and we can go for months at a time.
You can tell them a thousand times but men have to have the experience to learn their lesson I have found. :*** :*** :--?
We had the code thing for the amenities at Lake Mulwala also and we remembered the code by instead of saying "I'm just going to the loo or to have a shower" we would say "Just going for a ten two thousand" which was the code and the kids even remembered it. They still say that now we are home....quite funny and a good memory.
Post some photos if you have them as we all love photos here ::)
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby LeahS » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:58 pm

ben... yes there is WIFI -, and very child friendly - lots and lots of kids of course being school holidays, some of them need some sense when it comes to safety and roads but I can't complain. Creek is safe, beach is close by, there is a pool although we didn't go in it (it looked very busy), there's a kids jungle gym, and a TV room (didn't go there either).

Plenty of families with boats were tubing all weekend, there were some idiots jumping off the bridge on Saturday but that will happen anywhere. We did have to explain to our three yr old and so did the parents of the children that he was playing with why they couldn't and shouldn't jump off the bridge. I personally thought there were too many young kids not supervised which I thought was a shame however it seemed very safe and friendly.

Photos are coming - didn't get around to even unpacking the cameras yesterday arvo - busy cleaning :-bang
LeahS
Boy Scout

Previous

Return to Introductions: