Camping in SA - Suggest good beach caravan parks

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Camping in SA - Suggest good beach caravan parks

Postby McReidy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:34 pm

I am looking for places to go camping with my wife and some friends in late March for a few days and need some recommendations for caravan parks with powered sites (I know it's not real camping but we like our luxuries :) )

Our pre-reqs are no more than 1.5 hours from Adelaide and preferably walking distance to a beach

We have been to Second Valley a few times which we liked - considering maybe somewhere like Port Elliot Caravan Park - it looks amazing. Has anyone had any adventures at that park, or anywhere similar?

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Mike's Place - home of the world's smallest large screen TV
McReidy

Re: Camping in SA - Suggest good beach caravan parks

Postby AussieSunset » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:03 pm

Well the Port Elliot CP i just about grew up in. Well sort of, every weekend and school holidays there till mum and dad decided after about 12 years to build a holiday house. Yes it's a good area for kids and adults. Not sure what the CP is like now as they have upgraded a lot since my days there. But as a kid it's was a great place and mum and dad liked it too.
Life is what happens when you've made other plans. :)
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Return to Camping Tips and Locations