QLD - Elanda Point

QLD - Elanda Point

Postby mlien68 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:01 pm

This is a beautiful spot but I would never return and I strongly advise people not to go here.

The park manager is incredibly rude and we were astounded that we could ever be spoken to in the way we were (especially by the older guy).

Please note that they lock the gate at 7pm. We got stuck in traffic and arrived at 830 - they woudn't let us in in spite of us calling to let them know we were going to be late - we almost had to beg someone to come and unlock the gate after a 4 hour journey.

We then tried to rent a canoe for the day - the old guy's response and I quote "do you stupid people ever take note of the weather" !!! We only wanted to go out for a few hours and we knew that the weather was going to turn bad bad this type of response is totally unacceptable.

These people need to remember that they are in the hospitality industry and a number of campers that we got to know echoed our sentiments - no wonder the place was mostly empty and unless they change their ways - they may well find that they only have themselves for company!!

There is another campsite down the road which is smaller but much better - I'd go there
mlien68

Re: QLD - Elanda Point

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:10 pm

Wierd ! you posted the exact same thing about Boreen. spammer???
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby amanda » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:28 am

This isn't the first time anyone has posted a negative report about Elanda Point, it makes me wonder how the Hitler that runs the place is still in business.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Derek Bullock » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:01 pm

I did a rather large article about Elanda Point for a magazine back in the nineties. Actually gave them a lot of publicity. I stayed there for over a week and loved the place. The owners (back then) were fantastic and the park itself was a dream sitting on the side of the lake.

The local National Park rangers ran activities for the kids and took them on evening spotlighting trips and the owners showed fairly new videos on a big screen. We hired a couple of canoes and paddled up as far as Harry's Hut and back. They looked after people and I really did enjoy the place.

Shortly after that though I started to hear a lot of negative things about the place. In fact similar to the ones on here. I haven't been back but it would be a shame really if that is what the place has come to.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby mitza » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:49 pm

We stayed there 3 times and never had problems...we even hired a canoe :grin:

I reckon that kind of attitude is unacceptable, makes me think about not going there again...
mitza
Boy Scout

Return to Queensland