Camping Sydney-Brisbane.

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Camping Sydney-Brisbane.

Postby camping claire » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:07 pm

Hello there! :)

I'm a very new person to this camping malarky though husband has been many many times, though not in NSW.

We are planning a little road trip with our 1 year old daughter, hopefully from Christmas Eve 06 to mid Jan 07 from Sydney to Brisbane.

I would like to see some bush, beach, dolphins, wildlife, great scenery - do you have any recommendations?

I'm a little concerned about travelling at that time of year - we will find campsites that aren't completely booked out won't we?
camping claire

Postby amanda » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:48 pm

National Park at Minnie Water is great - right on the beach. Not sure about availability though, you can't make a booking. I imagine it would be an extremely popular spot for Christmas. You're probably best off choosing parks that allow you to book - at least then you know.
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:56 pm

You've picked the worst possble time of the year. :lol:

In my experience its from boxing day on that sites start to fill up :mrgreen:. This year my trip starts 22nd, ends 26th :armsup NO TRAFFIC, AND NO PEOPLE :armsup

Now, back on topic... Mungo Brush is a really nice little spot, maybe for your first stop outta sydney?

But depending on how much driving you want to get over and done with on the first day it might be a bit too close. Its only 3-3 1/2 hrs North of Sydney. You will see dolphins, if not at the beach early in the morning, probably in the bay later on. And, if you get there on boxing day you will see me... rolling up my swag and heading home :lol: .

As amanda said, try and book if you can. If not, be prepared to be very flexable and have 2-3 parks in mind in each area you want to stop. But I think most of the popular ones have alot of space, there's always room for one more tent. Also, have you got a 4x4? How quickly do you want to get to brissy, do you want to stop 2-3 times overnight each way, or just get there have fun and then drive home sorta thing?
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby camping claire » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:54 am

Thanks for your replies!

It IS a crazy time of year but the only holiday I get (forced to take 4 weeks annual leave) so I am determined to get out of the city and see some sights. I am not so fussed about being with lots of other campers - although some peace and quiet would be nice (what am I saying I have a 1 year old!)

No 4x4 - just a Daewoo lanos with a roof rack hopefully so not going to far off the beaten track with that!

Thanks for the tip Amanda - we wil try and book some places. The plan is definitely to stay a few days each stoppver, no rush to get to Brissie, we can stay with family once there and then a quicker drive back.

I've done a bit of reading on Myall Lakes NP and it looks great - time spent in the car will only be 6 hours at most each time so Mungo Brush looks like a great spot to start :grin: !
camping claire

Return to Camping Tips and Locations