Bestbrook @ Maryvale

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Bestbrook @ Maryvale

Postby Bella » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:45 am

Hi
Just putting it out there if anybody has camped at Bestbrook. I was looking at going up to Peach Trees at Easter but decided against as Easter falls smack bang in the middle of school hols. As we will be going with another family really wanted to make sure we get a couple of site together. I was wanting to know where the best spots at Bestbrook would be. They mention 3 camping areas
Tranquility
Wagon Wheel
dingaling Crossing.

I hate making decisions on where to go.....

Any other ideas not far from Ipswich and great for Kids.

Cheers

Bella
Bella
Camping King

Re: Bestbrook @ Maryvale

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:26 am

Hi Bella

I read on another post that Bestbrook is really busy at Easter so you might want to ring and check it out.

You might want to consider Andrew Drynan Park or Bigriggin though I imagine most places will be pretty busy over the Easter period.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Bella » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:32 am

Thanks i would think that most places are pretty flat out. I have emailed them and they do have availability. Just waiting on the other party to decide.....
Was just trying to get a feel if we go there which is the pick of the camping areas there? Alway good to get feedback for people in the know!!!!
Bella
Camping King

Postby lorichevy8 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi Bella,

We are regulars at Bestbrook. We were there on Sunday for a day trip. We have a spot where we camp at the end of the Golf Course which is tucked away from the crowd. Tranquility is where the powered camp sites are and where most of the activities for the kids happen over the weekend. Wagon Wheel is usually booked out at Easter as there is a large group who book it out each year. Don't fret though as there are lots of places where you can pitch a tent. The next door neighbour, Ron, is possibly opening up his property to campers as well over Easter and there are quite a few nice spots along the creek. Ray has been doing quite a bit of work on the property over the last few months and it is very green at the moment.

When you get there ask Ray or Elise where the "Cooke's" are and call around for a drink. It's a great place for the kids with all the baby animals, trivia and family feud at the coach house. :+

Lori & Dave
lorichevy8
Captain Camping

Postby Bella » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:19 pm

Thanks for that I have rang and booked so we are off at Easter. I will try and track you guys down. My kids are looking fwd to hopefully doing some horse riding. Received a copy of the Easter activities looks like there are heaps to do. Would you suggest taking the kids push bikes.? and on the map I cannot find gold course.
Cheers
Michelle
Bella
Camping King

Postby lorichevy8 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:54 pm

Yes we take the push bikes. My husband and son ride their motorbikes up there but don't worry they ride on the other side of the road so as not to disturb anyone. The kids will have a great time. There are heaps of things to do. Maybe you can join in with our team in the Trivia or Family Feud. How many are in your group? and how old are your kids. We have one son 6. We have some friends coming with us and they have 1 boy 11 and 1 girl 5.
lorichevy8
Captain Camping

Postby lorichevy8 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:23 pm

Spent yesterday up at Bestbrook. Absolutley beautiful day!!! Great company, great scenery, great weather, what more can I say!!! Can't wait for Easter. Elise did mention there are alot of people booked in so it should be a great few days. :+
lorichevy8
Captain Camping

Postby Bella » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:42 pm

Sounds great. I think I have another family that want to come and pitch a tent there as well. Do you have your own toilet shower set up or just use the ones supplied at the camp ground. If I may also pick your knowledge of the grounds, do they have quite a few toilets etc set up around Easter time as our friends that are coming have small children etc. etc.
I was thinking that since my kids are on school hols from the 3/4/09 might try to get up there on the Wed if possible or the Thursday morning. Where abouts on the grounds would you recommend to camp.
Cheers
Michelle
Bella
Camping King

Postby lorichevy8 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:05 pm

I spoke to Elise about the toilets and showers on Sunday and she tells me she has ordered several extra portable toilets. We take along a portable toilet for number ones and we take the "bus" (any car available) up to the coach house or to the bunk houses for number "two's". If you plan it right you never really have to wait very long for a shower. We usually head up around 3-4pm depending what is happening. My husband has been known to take a cake of soap and bathe in the creek. Quite refreshing!!!!

Do you have a powered site or an unpowered site. The other thing to consider is do you have a 4WD. We are a little restricted as to where we could camp this time as my son is only 6 and we didn't want to carry his motorbike through the creek every time he wants to go across the road to ride it. There are some lovely unpowered sites all over the property so it will be a good idea to get up there early and pick out a spot that suits. If you give Ray a call he will suggest a good spot.

We are heading up on Thursday morning.

Take some warm clothes with you as it has been getting quite chilly at night. One other thing I tell everyone is to get some of those beach shoes. We all go for walks in the creek and the kids just love sailing sticks down the creek. It just stops those rocks digging in.

Have you booked in for dinner on Saturday night? We are all going up for dinner and staying for the entertainment afterwards. "Mum" (or Donna as she is known) makes the best beer batter chips and chicken nuggets so the kids will be happy. It is a great night up there. Excellent food too!! You might see me staggering back with my friends at some ungodly hour. I hope there is full moon or you might hear the huge splash as I take a dip in the creek otherwise.

Lori & Dave :hello:
lorichevy8
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:45 am

Looks like you are in for a great camp.... let's hear all about it on your return....some pix would be nice too.....Enjoy.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Bella » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:10 pm

Thanks for that great info Lori.

We will have unpowered site, kids will have to forgo DVD player etc, what a shame :***

No we don't have a 4WD just a normal Rodeo ute thingy. We haven't really had a need for 4wd, maybe next car. Can you get to most sites with 2WD?

No haven't booked in for Sat Dinner, will speak to our other peoples if they are interested.

Was thinking that we may even try to get up there and do a bit of a recy as it is really just over an hour from home.

Sure am looking fwd to it though as i've just began a new career as an Enjo Consultant so it is fairly hectic time for me. Looking fwd to kicking back and having a few quiet beaverages :+

Cheers

Michelle
Bella
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:48 am

Bella wrote:i've just began a new career as an Enjo Consultant
Michelle

They have some great products, I have quite a few. You should do well Michelle...
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Bella » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:12 pm

Cheers for that re Enjo. I'm very excited as i'm a user for 5 yrs decided to jump into spreading the word and of coarse make a few bucks.
Hope the whether stays nice for Easter break, not sure what the forecast is?
Bella
Camping King

Postby lorichevy8 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:34 pm

You will get nearly everywhere on the property with the Rodeo. We also have a Rodeo, although I should say we went up for a day trip a few weeks ago and my hubbie felt all brave and managed to get us bogged. Ron and Bruce had to come down and pull us out.

We are heading up there on 8th March for a day trip. We usually take picnic lunch. Let me know if you want to tag along.

Lori & Dave
lorichevy8
Captain Camping

Postby Bella » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:45 pm

Thanks for that invite, will let you know in due course. Nice choice of car by the way :+

As mentioned just started as a new consultant for Enjo and I have a very busy March but so far the 8th is free.
Bella
Camping King

Next

Return to Camping Tips and Locations