Setting Up A Tarp

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Setting Up A Tarp

Postby OzeBoy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:28 pm

I wondering, since I'm new to setting up tarps, what is the best way to set up a tarp with poles? My partner and I set up the new tarp in the backyard with poles and guy ropes, but it wasn't easy. Do you put one corner pole in then what? Corners first? Corner and then one side of the tarp? Corner and then one pole each side of the corner? What seems to work for most of you?
OzeBoy
Camping King

Re: Setting Up A Tarp

Postby OzeBoy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:45 pm

I just realised I started this thread a while ago. Someone mentioned doing all corners first. That seems a little difficult if you have a big tarp. But I'll give it a go.
OzeBoy
Camping King

Postby Pauly » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:31 pm

If its a big tarp with a spreader bar I lay the tarp out get my spreader to the right length then put the pegs and ropes in for the centre. Put the poles in the spreader bar and tarp then attach the ropes. Now start working on the corners. 2 pegs and ropes per corner. If you do both corners of 1 end that end will be free supporting. Go to the other corners do the same then fill in the rest.
Pauly
Post Machine!

Postby chisel » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:58 am

chisel
Boy Scout

Return to Camping Tips and Locations