Issue's with onboard water tank and tap's

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

Issue's with onboard water tank and tap's

Postby snake_dr » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:56 pm

My camper has an onboard water tank, and manual pump up and down taps running off this

The tap in the kitchen is very hard to get to work, but it works, the other tap will now only work if I draw the water through to the kitchen tap and it then proceed's to I presume suck air and stop pumping water

There are no water leaks when pumping water, or from a visual inspection, and ive removed both taps, checked all hose clamps through the system, ensure the filter is clean, and cant find any issue's with any hoses, and other than replacing all of the hose Im a little lost for my next steps.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice or idea's?
snake_dr
Camping Veteran

Re: Issue's with onboard water tank and tap's

Postby ben... » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:35 pm

bit hard to really offer much advise, but one thing could be that the tank is in air lock. Do you have a tank breather on the fill? if not, is it still hard to pump with the tank cap off? You could say the taps are the issue, but would be very strange for both taps to be on the blink. Has it always been like this? how old is it?
ben...
Post Machine!

Postby snake_dr » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:46 pm

there is a breather on the filler yes, but it doesnt make a difference with the filler cap on or off, i recently emptied the tank as well, not sure if this helped cause the problem.

i have a new tap and have been trialling that as well with no difference between the two so the taps are ruled out.

the campers only a year old and its only just started doing it after i prepp'd it for use last weekend after sitting for 4 months or so

ill give the guys at lifestyle a call if i cant sort it out, just checking to see if anyone had come across this one before.
snake_dr
Camping Veteran

Postby ben... » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:07 pm

never seen it on my lifestyle camper... must be something simple though.
ben...
Post Machine!

Postby snake_dr » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:11 pm

i know it will be, always is!
snake_dr
Camping Veteran

Return to Camper Trailers