Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Postby Kogan Park » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

Im new to the site and i thought i would introduce myself.

I am Currently in the Process Of Developing a Camp Ground ,640 Acres of Bush Style Camping In the Darling Downs Region Of QLD.

So i thought this site might be a good place to get some ideas, Suggestions And the Like.

Hope to talk to some of you in the Near Futre.

Dale. :grin:
Kogan Park - Bush Camping at it's Best
Kogan Park

Postby Kramer » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:54 am

Welcome Dale, sound good what you are doing. Have you thought of putting some 4WD tracks on there as well?
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Scolers » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:39 pm

That sounds quite an undertaking mate!

Is it a private show run by yourself? Or is it a council initiative (yeah I had to laugh at the oxymoron too)?.

I haven't seen too many of these DIY camping grounds but my thoughts would be to keep all the camp grounds to a minimum of say 4-5 overnighters but make sure there are enough camp grounds to cover a large influx of people. ie. Don't do just one area that caters for 100 ppl camping, do say 20 that caters for 5 ppl. Helps spread ppl around and minimiuses the environmental impact on a certain area. Of course this also means a lot of work for you ... :shock:

All the best with your project.

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Kogan Park » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:10 pm

Thanks For the Kind Words...

The park is a ''Self Funded" By myself and is on My own Land Approx 50kms From Dalby In The Darling Downs Region.

It is Nestled On 640acres Of Virgin Bush. With quite a few Seasonal Creeks Running through it.... Although There are some plans to build a lake on the site...

The whole concept has stemmed From myself and A few freinds Wanting somewhere a little more Private to camp.... While still having all the Facilities On site that you would expect from a Council Owned Camp Ground...

We plan To utilise some of the existing tracks on the site and make them a little more interesting with the Excavator and Bobcat.

As it is Virgin Bush - We are quite literally Starting From Scratch , there are no Facilities Such as Toilets/Shower and water etc, Although there is more than enough Firewood to Keep You going for years to come...

Anyway If anybody has some suggestions for inclusion into the park maybe i could start a new thread somewhere?
Kogan Park

Your new creation

Postby Nenie23 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:49 am

Hi Dale,
What a wonderful idea. Our family for years have gone to a home run camping ground on the river at Glouster. There are very limited facilities - one shower block with 2 showers run by a wood burner, and two flushing toilets. However, at different locations around the bush, there are long drop toilets. A bit smelly but they do the job.

It is located on about 70 acres right on the river. They have cleared a few different paddocks and a few sites on the river in amoungst the trees. There is a few small lean toos around, but not much more.

It is perfect, as you can plonk where ever you want, it is fairly private as there is so much room, but most of the bush remains and you can have a camp fire in non fire ban period.

It is the old fashioned camping that appeals to us, plus you can take your dogs as long as you pick up after them, and keep them under control.

good luck and let us know when you are up and running and we will have to come for a visit.

Janine.
Be happy - take the family camping.
Nenie23
Captain Camping

Postby amanda » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:06 am

Great idea. Good luck with it, I'm sure we'll make a trip of it once you're under way.
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Kogan Park » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:05 pm

Thank- You everyone for the comments - And we are always on the lookout for anybody wanting to give us a hand :grin:
Kogan Park

Postby Kramer » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:18 pm

Hmm I could give you a hand, but I am not so good with an axe, and the heaviest thing I have picked up lately is a beer! So a shovel is probably out of the question :( I can refill your printer cartridges for you and am a great supervisor of the beer esky! I can cook up a storm though!

OH OH I would be willing to drive a dozer if you have one! :armsup
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Kogan Park » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:46 pm

Mmm i have always wanted my own Beer Boy...... That can cook and drive! :grin:
Kogan Park

Postby Scolers » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:08 pm

Kogan Park wrote:Mmm i have always wanted my own Beer Boy...... That can cook and drive! :grin:

C'mon Kramer ... that's a job offer if ever I heard one ... ::)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Return to Introductions: