lake borumba

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

lake borumba

Postby camptrailer » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:30 pm

hi all
seeking some info on lake borumba camping grounds at imbil we went there yesterday for a bit of a look c would like some feed back about the camp sight the caretaker there and i spoke seems to be decent chap any info and thanks in advance
cheers
camptrailer
camptrailer
Boy Scout

Re: lake borumba

Postby Smileandhug » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:41 am

Never stayed there but did stay at Island Retreat which is in Imbil itself. Charge $7 a nite to stay there and have all the facilities. Is situated on the river and you can have a swim. Also pet friendly.
Also 19km away at Kenilworth you have Kenlworth Homestead. Again the same as its on the river and the rates are the same.
Cheaper and just outa town and is National Park camping site is Charlie Moorlings.
Anyway hope this helps.
I AM LIKE A HOLE IN THE GROUND WITH WATER IN IT - I AM WELL
Smileandhug
Camping Veteran

Postby The Phantom » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:32 pm

Have stayed there several times, and recommend it. Caretakers Bob & Dawn are nice people & love a chat.
There are both powered & non powered sites, the powered ones grouped together near the amenities block.
Some other sites have wood bbq's or fire places are available from Bob. Either take your own wood or buy it from Bob.
Enjoy your visit
The Phantom
The Phantom
Boy Scout

Postby Nelle » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:43 pm

We haven't stayed at the Lake, but have stayed at the Deer Farm a few times and it is fantastic there and very family friendly.
Nelle

Return to Camping Tips and Locations