Borumba Deer Park

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Borumba Deer Park

Postby sethemma » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:54 pm

My family are looking at staying at Borumba Deer park and was wondering if anyone could let me know if there is a camping sight that doesn't have too much traffic going past or that is recommended for camping with young children ? we were wanting to go just after Easter for a week. our children are 2 and 4.

Thanks, any suggestions would be helpful.

We were also looking at Booreen point and Island reach, would one of these be better?

Vicki
sethemma

Re: Borumba Deer Park

Postby double_d » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:43 pm

the sports ground has pretty much no traffic through it
because there is no where for the traffic to go
it is right next to the deer and emu area so kids can se and feed them
it is close to the kiosk and playground
and is nice and flat area for camping
we have camped at burumba deer park 3 times and twice in the sports ground

daniel d
double_d
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:54 am

I prefer Island Reach over Borumba Deer Park but is really is a personal choice. Lots of families have enjoyed Borumba.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby sethemma » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:08 am

gypsylady, you didn't mention why you liked Island Reach more? Any info you can give me the better.
My husband said he thought he liked the look of Island Reach but I thought the Deer park would have more for the kids to do.

Thanks

Vicki
sethemma

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:20 pm

Vicki
It is cheaper, prettier and less in the rules dept too but as I said it is a personal choice. It is also within walking distance to the town and the Mary Valley Rattler comes to town twice a week and is always good for a look see. Markets (very small) in town on sunday mornings.

Borumba probably has more interest for young children & a better amenities block, neither of which is I especially need.

Hope this helps.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Nelle » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:53 pm

We stayed there in Jan with our kids 9, 5 and 1 along with others with kids of similar ages and they all had a great time. There is plenty for the kids to do. We stayed down the bottom near the river and didn't have any traffic around us and as their where a few families we where in a big circle and the smaller kids all played in the middle. I would highly recommend this place!
Nelle

Postby will_deness » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:07 pm

there was a group outing at the deer park(anzac weekend) and we all stayed on the terraces, very quiet, although a little walk to amenities.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby New to camping » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:45 pm

We stayed there with kids last year and had a great time.
Make sure you take the kids to see the Valley Rattler an old steam train that comes into Imbil. The kids can watch it arrive and they give free tours of the carriages etc.
New to camping
Boy Scout

Return to Camping Tips and Locations