WA - Ledge Point Caravan Park

WA - Ledge Point Caravan Park

Postby jonno » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:07 pm

Hey all.

A few of us went camping at Ledge Point Caravan Park weekend just gone. Myself, partner, and our 3yo daughter left after work Friday night - its only a 1.5hr leisurely drive north of Perth. Had the camp set up by sundown, and then rest of our friends starting to rock up. There were 9 adults and 1 child, and we had a ball. Best thing was our little one loved camping, was very well behaved, and slept 'like a baby'. (this was one of our main concerns with going camping). Even the missus loved it!

Anyways, the site was beautiful. The grass VERY well kept and SUPER SOFT. The ablution blocks were hotel grade - they were pristine, immaculate, awesome! Very very clean. The site has a 'no noise from 10pm-7am' policy which is kept fairly well. You could hear a few gatherings chatting up til 1am, but it was quiet enough to sleep through - no loud drunks or yelling.

The beach fishing was fairly dismal - too much wind and weed. Would be better another day. Oh, and when we were leaving we did a quick lap down to the beach - and easterlys came through! Argh timing.

All in all, we loved it, and would go back again without hesitation. However next trip we are going south to Preston Beach.
jonno
Boy Scout

Re: WA - Ledge Point Caravan Park

Postby markcrook » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:34 pm

Hey Jonno,

Thanks for that, looks good just had a peek at their website http://www.ledgepointholidaypark.com.au/ we live south, so more often than not head south! But looks like it maybe worth the trip North.

Mark
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Postby markcrook » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:36 pm

Forgot to ask - is there any surfing there :?:
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Postby jonno » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:40 pm

markcrook wrote:Forgot to ask - is there any surfing there :?:

Not a surfer so couldn't tell you for certain. There is a small reef directly out from Ledge, paddling distance. Failing that I'm sure there'd be something up or down the coast :)
jonno
Boy Scout

Return to Western Australia