Mackay Region ????

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Mackay Region ????

Postby bella9906 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:09 am

Merry Xmas to everyone! Looking to camp in Mackay April - May and I was just wondering if anyone had any good spots or even caravan parks that would be worth while looking at? Cheers and a Happy New Year. Bella
bella9906

Re: Mackay Region ????

Postby CQCapricorn » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:11 am

Eungella National Park is the best choice for camping. Finch Hatton Gorge which is on the way the Eungella is another good spot, which also has a caravan park\campsite located there.

Look at the EPA\QPWS website for Eungella National Park for further information.
CQCapricorn
Boy Scout

Postby kythan06 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:40 pm

Hi Bella,

Good time of the year to be going to the Mackay region. There are heaps of good spots from Sarina to the Whitsundays.

I agree with CQCapricorn though Eungella is the best area. Eungella Dam is the best spot I have found so far. you can check it out at [url]http://www.campingqueensland.site90.net.au[/url] (The site is still underconstruction but you still might find it usefull)

Seaforth also has a good camp site on the beach may pay to book ahead though especially if your looking at the easter long weekend.
kythan06

Postby kythan06 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:42 pm

kythan06

Postby AussieSunset » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:02 pm

Have to agree with the above posts but there is also Seaforth area just north of Mackay. There is four different spots and all council run. Seaforth is one and another one is Ball Bay and i think the another one is Smalleys beachs. All great spots. They are unpowered but i know Seaforth has hot showers and toilets (coin opperated hot showers last time i was there). I have stayed 6 weeks in total at Seaforth and it's a really nice place.

http://www.queenslandholidays.com.au/destinations/mackay/places-to-visit/seaforth/
Life is what happens when you've made other plans. :)
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Return to Camping Tips and Locations