Techni Ice Eskys

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Techni Ice Eskys

Postby benno » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:57 pm

Hi all
Firstly, what a great forum, such a wide devirsity of topics.
I was just wondering if anyone has an esky from techni ice. I have used their ice before and found it pretty good if you follow their directions properly. Just wondering what their eskys are like. They have some great easter specials happening at the moment!
Cheers Ben.
benno
Boy Scout

Re: Techni Ice Eskys

Postby ben... » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:53 pm

Hi Benno,

Yes i have one, i have an 80ltr that i use for drinks alongside my tropical 85ltr. I performs fine just as good as the tropical really but as its used for drinks it gets opened alot and hard to really do a side by side. But they are a fine esky.

they always do specials so dont feel rushed...
ben...
Post Machine!

Postby Pauly » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:44 pm

If you search the forum theres a few posts about them. As Ben says those specials are the normal price so dont feel you have to rush. They also sell on ebay just check which will get you a cheaper esky, remember to work out the frieght
Pauly
Post Machine!

Postby Earl » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:15 pm

Ben,

I’ve had an 80lt for a few years and use it for both fishing, camping and parties. It a great esky and I would highly recommend for the price. The techni ice worked okay but shouldn’t (can’t) be used with fish, they absorb the fish smell.

I use 2lt coke bottles as ice bricks, half fill the esky with drinks (pre chilled of course) and ice bricks, place a wet towel over them, load up the rest with 2lt ice brick and drinks and it last for 5+ days. The towel was something I seen years back and stops warm air getting into the bottom half of the esky when it is opened. The larger the block of ice the better, and it doubles for drinking water. Probably last longer with 3lt milk bottles.

Regards
Earl
Earl

Return to Gear Guide