Camper Trailer Tyre Pressures

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

Camper Trailer Tyre Pressures

Postby markcrook » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:26 pm

I should pick up my new camper trailer in the next few days, what tyre pressure do you run for on the road? Is it dependent on the weight?

The old box trailer we were using for the camping gear I always used to run about 30psi

Thanks

Mark
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:30 pm
Location: Rockingham, WA

Re: Camper Trailer Tyre Pressures

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:21 pm

I would think the manufacturer of your CT would be the best place to ask this question of Mark.

Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Re: Camper Trailer Tyre Pressures

Postby Derek Bullock » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:39 pm

Any new trailer should have an ID Plate attached to it. This plate will have your VIN Number as well as the weights for the trailer. It will also have the tyre size and pressures on it.
Image
User avatar
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:48 pm
Location: Karana Downs, Queensland

Re: Camper Trailer Tyre Pressures

Postby markcrook » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:35 pm

Thanks Mate, that is really helpful :)
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:30 pm
Location: Rockingham, WA

Re: Camper Trailer Tyre Pressures

Postby markcrook » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:33 pm

Derek wrote:Any new trailer should have an ID Plate attached to it. This plate will have your VIN Number as well as the weights for the trailer. It will also have the tyre size and pressures on it.


Right where you said it would be, a plate on the draw-bar with all the info on it, I also got a response from the company by email.
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:30 pm
Location: Rockingham, WA

Re: Camper Trailer Tyre Pressures

Postby Derek Bullock » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:18 pm

markcrook wrote:
Derek wrote:Any new trailer should have an ID Plate attached to it. This plate will have your VIN Number as well as the weights for the trailer. It will also have the tyre size and pressures on it.


Right where you said it would be, a plate on the draw-bar with all the info on it, I also got a response from the company by email.


That's good. :grin:
Image
User avatar
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:48 pm
Location: Karana Downs, Queensland

Re: Camper Trailer Tyre Pressures

Postby HGMonaro » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:35 am

so what did they recommend? Did the manufacturer's email match the details on the plate?

there's a 'rule of thumb' that a lot of people go by called the "4psi" rule. Your set your pressures (to the manufacturers recommendations) cold then after about 100kms check them. If the have increased by more than 4psi then they were too low to start with and you should increase them a bit. If they have increase less than 4psi them they were a bit too high to start with so drop them slightly. You could use this to verify what you've been recommended

Cheers, Nige
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:26 pm
Location: Melb, Aust

Re: Camper Trailer Tyre Pressures

Postby markcrook » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:53 am

HGMonaro wrote:so what did they recommend? Did the manufacturer's email match the details on the plate?


They matched - I was suprised!

Thanks for the tip
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:30 pm
Location: Rockingham, WA


Return to Camper Trailers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron