lighting

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Re: lighting

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:59 am

Not for me thanks....I prefer LED ligting....

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Smileandhug » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:44 am

I just use a lead light 240V (one that has a 5M lead on it) and convert to 12v. Just cut the plug off, add the alligator clips for positive and negative and then just buy a 11W 12V bulb from a light shop. Total cost under $30. Interesting tho. Be good to have a switch on it to turn it off inside the CT instead of getting up and going outside to the 12V battery and turning it off. Wonder what the wiring is to put a switch in?
I AM LIKE A HOLE IN THE GROUND WITH WATER IN IT - I AM WELL
Smileandhug
Camping Veteran

Postby kl3ggy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:42 pm

hey guys, going camping next weekend and we have a deep cycle battery, just wondering where i can get some lighting to light up my campsite. perhaps long l.e.d strips that i can purchase from australia, not hong kong, as time is limited. sweet site btw, very handy and a wide variety of topics thanks :+
kl3ggy

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:45 pm

kl3ggy wrote:hey guys, going camping next weekend and we have a deep cycle battery, just wondering where i can get some lighting to light up my campsite. perhaps long l.e.d strips that i can purchase from australia, not hong kong, as time is limited. sweet site btw, very handy and a wide variety of topics thanks :+

Not really able to give you any advice on this matter as we have no idea where you are located...... This is where I have purchased some of mine from. http://www.jaycar.com.au/

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby kl3ggy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:11 pm

hey im in ipswich, is there anywhere that you know that i can get a 4" type fluro light or something that size in led's that are strong and bright?? THanks
kl3ggy

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:44 am

kl3ggy wrote:hey im in ipswich, is there anywhere that you know that i can get a 4" type fluro light or something that size in led's that are strong and bright?? THanks

I can't tell you specifically where to purchase this particular light but Jaycar are in Ipswich & you could try the camping stores as well.

Maybe you could also look at Repco.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby brownie » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:43 pm

hi my name is paul user name brownie
just let u know i have some led lights that i make for sale
if u like to have a look.
there is a photo in the " business directory " section on the main page
under 12volt & 240 led lights hope this helps u

i have some made up and can post them to you before next weekend

all my contact details are there
brownie
Boy Scout

Postby snake_dr » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:15 pm

if you dont take up brownie's offer you can try camec, they have led lighting available, you can check out all their stuff on their website, they are down at archerfield
snake_dr
Camping Veteran

Fenix TK40 640 Lumens AA Flashlight

Postby underthestars » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:40 pm

I found this on the web and pretty keen to buy, anybody else had any experience with this brand?
640 Lumens sounds a little unachieveable in a AA run flashlight but I don't mind standing corrected if anyone has any advice or experience with this flashlight or brand.

underthestars

Postby brownie » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:58 pm

I have made some lights with 60 leds where u can switch between 30 led or 60 leds
For Sale - 12 Volt / 240 Volt LED Lights

Designed by myself -
1100mm long x 25mm wide / 30 LED Lights per strip with On / Off switch. [color=#4000FF](Or Made to Order in any length)
Can be connected into a series of banks of lights. Each bank can be individually switched on or off.

Great for Camper Trailers, Tents And all types of camping.
brownie
Boy Scout

Postby kl3ggy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:37 pm

hey guys went camping on the weekend at somerset. Was good but rained occasionally, but overall had a sweet time. Anyway ran into supercheap auto on thursday and found a sweet light that i thought i test out. i got it from supercheap auto for $65. i was really suprised at the quality of the light and the durability of the whole thing. A++. Super duper bright. we had it running of a deep cycle battery, and it lasted friday, saturaday, & sunday night from about 6 - 10 every night, and never failed us once, and went back into the box, with nothing broken and looking new :P

Anyway thought id tell you, and let you have a look.

Here's the link: https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Store/Product.aspx?ID=70766

I'll upload a photo of the real deal when i get a chance. :P
kl3ggy

Previous

Return to Gear Guide