Hello all

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hello all

Postby sharkboy » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:34 pm

Hi Guys. My wife and I are planning a 3 month trip around OZ with our 4 kids. We will be leaving just after the new year. So I may be asking a few questions
sharkboy

Postby Barby-Q » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:20 am

Sounds great , Where are you planning on starting from ?
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby sharkboy » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:41 am

We live on the NSW central coast so we will leave from here and go down south via the coast rd, making our way to south oz slowly. We are shark people, so hope above everything else to see a great white shark lol.

We will then go inland South OZ, NSW and then up to QLD, hoping to make it as far as Bundaburg.

We would love to do more, but 3 months isn't enouth. I hear of people doing a trip all the way around OZ in 2months, I cant help but think, what did they see, lines on the rd.
sharkboy

Postby Kramer » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:30 am

Sounds great, but as you said 3 months isn't long enough! Make sure you visit Hervey Bay to see the Shark Show! I still think he is going?
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby sharkboy » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:39 am

Hi

Yeah Vic Hislops shark show, we will go, though were not big fans of his, we cant go that far and not drop in there.

:)
sharkboy

Postby Scolers » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:37 pm

Welcome to the forums Sharkboy ... be warned tho' it's heavily moderated ... :-bang ... so please don't mention Blacktown or Mt Druit ... btw ... have they fixed the roads out that way yet?

;)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:31 pm

Scolers wrote:Welcome to the forums Sharkboy ... be warned tho' it's heavily moderated ... :-bang ... so please don't mention Blacktown or Mt Druit ... btw ... have they fixed the roads out that way yet?

;)

Scol.

:$

Dunno what everyone's got against Blacktown and Mt Druitt. They're like 15 mins from me, and sometimes go shopping there, never had any trouble :?

So on your way back north your going inland?? I reckon if time allows you should try and get around alice springs/ ayers rock and have a wonder around there, unless you weren't planning on going quite so FAR inland :grin:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:42 pm

My sister's in Blacktown now ... moved all they way from Wenty ... ;)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

We have travelled a bit shark boy

Postby Nenie23 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:54 pm

Hey Shark Boy - I am only new to this (joined today) but wanted to encourage you to travel with your family. I have done 2 trips with mine.
firstly from NSW to Cooktown (far nth QLD) totalling 7,500kms, then down through the outback on the way home.

The second was fantastic, from NSW to Broken Hill, Port Augusta Sa, up to Coober Pedy, then Ayres Rock, Kings Canyon, Alice, Tennant Creek, then to Mt Isa, Longreach, Charlieville, then down and out to Brisbane - totalling 11,000kms. It was unreal, so if you want any info on any of these places, drop me a line.

I definately recommend to take as much time as you can, unfortunately, we could only take off 5 weeks. Only just a taste. But, we will go again and are planning a trip to Darwin as we speak.

Have fun - drive carefully.
Nenie23
Captain Camping

Return to Introductions: