Neurum Creek Bush Retreat QLD

Neurum Creek Bush Retreat QLD

Postby Breidi Mac » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:23 pm

Went Camping at Neurum Creek Bush retreat on the weekend, stayed 3 nights with Hubby, myself and our 3 girls. We had a fantastic time, kids are really well catered for with the activities they put on for them, they had a movie on in the shack followed by a disco on saturday night, my oldest daughter (7yo) especially loved the disco. There is lots of walking you can do, a waterhole to swim in, bike tracks for the kids (about 3km i think it is) and we were lucky enough to be camped right across from a tree house which the kids loved. Dogs are allowed, we didn't take ours but they are pretty strict on them and you have to pay to take them. It is a little more expensive then other campsites however in my opinion well worth it. It was quite busy the friday and saturday, most people went home on sunday so sunday night we had the place pretty much to ourselves. Each site has a small fire ring and it is byo firwood or you can buy it. There is the Mt Mee state forest about a minute up the road, the sign says you need a 4b but we saw 2wd's driving thru.
It flooded at easter weekend so the creek was flowing nicely and according to other campers everyone was flooded in.
The camp grounds are beautifully maintained, management was lovely, very popular with kids, they were absolutely everywhere riding around on their bicycles. Best to avoid school holidays or long weekends if you don't like lots of other campers, it was quite busy when we went due to school holidays however we didn't feel too cramped in.

Highly reccomend them.

http://www.ncbr.com.au
Breidi Mac
Camping King

Re: Neurum Creek Bush Retreat QLD

Postby amanda » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:06 pm

Thanks for the report - glad you have had a great time. I've often thought about heading there, but I've always thought it was aimed at kids, and as we don't have any have never bothered to go. How do you think "kid-free" people would enjoy it?
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby freerocketman1 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:13 pm

hi amanda i would reccomend this place, as it's a great place to have a nice quite weekend & also is a good base camp so you can go exploring around the area. e.g vine yards,mt mee or even a game of golf at the very relaxed golf corse.
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby Breidi Mac » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:22 am

amanda wrote:Thanks for the report - glad you have had a great time. I've often thought about heading there, but I've always thought it was aimed at kids, and as we don't have any have never bothered to go. How do you think "kid-free" people would enjoy it?

There were a few people there that didn't have kids and had a great time, plenty to do with or without them. :grin:
Breidi Mac
Camping King

Postby Derek Bullock » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:16 pm

They have some great wine tasting events there at times. Just look at the website for details.

We are currently planning a music and camp oven cooking weekend during July where I will be demonstrating camp oven cooking on the Saturday afternoon and live bands Friday and Saturday night. Not on the website yet but will post it up when details are confirmed.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby chisel » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:01 pm

We were there the last weekend in March. Thought it would be quiet out of school holidays but nope - quite busy. Nice spot, it is better if you have been once or twice and know the sites that will suit you.
chisel
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:54 am

One could always do a recce day trip to check the place out. The best thing about NCBR is the wine/port tasting they often arrange.

Hunting Lodge Estate do one very palatable Yowie Port and Amy's White Liqueur. They also have the wine tasting at NCBR.

http://www.huntinglodgeestate.com.au/

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby dea » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:01 pm

i just found this place on the net .. looks great .. & now even more appealing after reading this .. thanks alot
dea
Camping Oracle

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:46 pm

dea wrote:i just found this place on the net .. looks great .. & now even more appealing after reading this .. thanks alot

I don't like NCBR but plenty of people do. I especially don't like the $7 site fee they charge.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby dea » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:48 pm

gypsylady wrote:
dea wrote:i just found this place on the net .. looks great .. & now even more appealing after reading this .. thanks alot

I don't like NCBR but plenty of people do. I especially don't like the $7 site fee they charge.

we dont miind the price .. alot cheaper then what we were planning on doing .. wanted to go elsewhere but other freinds didnt like it ...looks good for the kids ....
dea
Camping Oracle

Postby Breidi Mac » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:26 am

What don't you like about it Gypsy?

We went there again a few weeks ago for a weekend trip, took my sister and her partner and kids, it was there first time there. They loved it. It is fantastic for kids especailly in school holidays. The weekend we went was just an ordinary weekend, there were still a few people there but not as busy as school holiday time.
Breidi Mac
Camping King

Postby dea » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:46 pm

we are going to neurum creek in nov for a week with some of our freinds we can't wait
dea
Camping Oracle

Postby smiththenovice » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:02 pm

Just back from 3 days at Neurum Creek...loved it. Nice and clean, pit toilets (but not too stinky), pleasant owners, free movies for the kids, beautiful creek, basics for sale from the office.

The only downer was there was a far bit of corrugation on the dirt road leading to it which tested our 2WD, but it was only for a couples of kms.

Thought I'd post some pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smiththenovice
Captain Camping

Postby marcus » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:23 pm

looks to be a nice place and hope it is going to stay there mid june have to take plenty of firewood i think
marcus

Postby gmhemi » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:32 am

Been there many times. One of our favorite places. We can always count on having a good camping weekend at neurem creek. We're thinking of trying the campsites high up on the hill for the view next time.
gmhemi
Camping King

Next

Return to Queensland