WA, The Pinnacles Caravan Park, Cervantes

WA, The Pinnacles Caravan Park, Cervantes

Postby markcrook » Fri May 01, 2009 5:13 pm

http://www.pinnaclespark.com.au/

We stayed here for two nights on the way back from Kalbarri.

This is the only park in Cervantes and is next to the beach and incorporates the SeaShell Cafe. It is only 15 minutes from the Pinnacles, which I suppose is the big draw, which is why we stayed there.

Again this park was very busy, it has powered and non-powered sites as well as lots of static vans. All sites are partly shaded and some have more grass covering than others. Ours was pretty much just sand. They were nice big sites though.

The roads through the park are bitumen, there is a kids play area which is outside the site but was “Excellent”, laundry camp kitchen, with fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster and TV and only two gas BBQ’s through the park and neither of these was cleaned, with pools of fat in the middle of them. There is also a fish cleaning area.

There are three ablution blocks; and all are older and not particularly clean or well maintained. The toilets in the ladies were frequently blocked and leaking – despite numerous complaints. When it was busy often the water pressure would have difficulty keeping up and the hot water fluctuated.

The managers seemed more intent on running the café than the caravan park and often we felt they treated the ‘campers’ as second-class citizens, though most of the café customers did come from the caravan park.

The site did have a 10pm quiet rule and this was enforced, our “neighbour” was still hammering pegs for his awning at 10.30pm and soon got told to be quiet.

The benefits – location.

The downside – ablutions, lack of grass, managers’ attitude.

Would we stay there again? No, we have done the Pinnacles – and once every 10 years to see them is enough, though they now have a nice new visitors centre.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Re: WA, The Pinnacles Caravan Park, Cervantes

Postby GypsyLady » Fri May 01, 2009 7:19 pm

LOVE the Pinnacles....absolutely HUGE on my 'must see' list.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby jonno » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:51 pm

i'm looking forward to taking the girls (wife and 4yo daughter) up there in the next couple months. however, a somewhat average campsite is in the back of my mind. oh well, its what you make of it, right? :)
jonno
Boy Scout

Postby markcrook » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:59 am

jonno wrote:i'm looking forward to taking the girls (wife and 4yo daughter) up there in the next couple months. however, a somewhat average campsite is in the back of my mind. oh well, its what you make of it, right? :)

We still had a great time despite the site, the mens ablutions were better (no leaking toilets etc!).
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Return to Western Australia