Caribee Kalahari 8

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Caribee Kalahari 8

Postby onejus » Wed May 06, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi guys

My first post as new to the forum. Great site by the way and very informative. I am about to undertake my first camping experience with the 3 year old rugrat and the other half. I love camping myself and as used to live in NT my experience was limited to just rolling out the swag. However, the other two are completely new so would like to make the trip as pleasant as possible so there will be many more!

My question is - does anyone have the Caribee Kalahari 8 tent and if so would you mind sharing your experiences with it. Is it waterproof (it states it is), easy to erect etc.... In general what are other peoples opinions on Caribee and their equipment? I can buy it online for just under $300 and as this MAY be our only camping trip (my other half prefers to stay in 5 star hotels. He likes his comforts!) I dont want to spend alot on a tent that may only be used once if the weather turns nasty, the tent floods or is blown away.

Any help you have would be much appreciated.

Cheers
onejus

Re: Caribee Kalahari 8

Postby markcrook » Thu May 07, 2009 1:39 pm

Hi Onejus :hello: ,

Welcome to the forum, found a review here http://www.productreview.com.au/showite ... m_id=42667

the awning looks great, huge. But doesn't talk about how waterproof it would be, but I guess it should be waterproofed - the downside is the floor maybe a bit thin, just make sure you remove any rocks/sticks etc before getting it up!

Mark
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Re: Caribee Kalahari 8

Postby onejus » Fri May 08, 2009 11:54 am

Hi Mark

Thanks for your help. I did find a few positive reviews on the internet and people I have spoke with have stated that Caribee is a good reliable brand. I guess I was hoping somebody on the forum had one or a similar caribee design and were happy with it. I might just bite the bullet and purchase one, whilst they are cheap.

Thanks so much for you help and I am off to research other camping equipment on this great forum.

Cheers

Jus
onejus

Return to Gear Guide