Chairs

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Chairs

Postby markcrook » Fri May 01, 2009 2:20 pm

Ok similar to my last thread on Gas Lanterns - what chairs do you take when you are camping?

We need to replace two and want something a bit more comfortable, maybe reclining?
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Re: Chairs

Postby Poodle Jewel » Fri May 01, 2009 6:44 pm

Good question and i have another. Do they $80 to $100 chairs last longer then the $20 chairs? I see some comfy chairs but bork at the price.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Fri May 01, 2009 7:14 pm

Poodle Jewel wrote:Good question and i have another. Do they $80 to $100 chairs last longer then the $20 chairs? I see some comfy chairs but bork at the price.

Not always PL...although I always buy expensive chairs but I have seen others outlast them.

I currently have the top of the range in the Coleman which also reclines and have had it for some time. It is quite comfy but I found the seat fill went in it very early. I have added another piece of cushion and a very thick lambswool.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Derek Bullock » Fri May 01, 2009 7:46 pm

gypsylady wrote:I have added another piece of cushion and a very thick lambswool.

Ya softy. :***

I have the model down from yours in the Coleman but mine don't recline (I'm not old enough to need a recliner yet. Hehehehehe) and they have to be the best chairs I have ever owned. Mine is also padded but have had no problems yet with the padding going. Must admit I do like the Coleman Products.

This is mine

I would say this is yours Gypsy. Five position recliner

Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Ricklanga » Fri May 01, 2009 10:21 pm

We have a couple of Coleman mesh panel chairs. A nice comfy chair & cool in the summer. Cost us about $50 from BCF.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent.
Ricklanga
Post Machine!

Postby steve&Kate » Sat May 02, 2009 5:02 pm

Hey Derek that's my chair, best chair I have ever purchased, can not stand those $10-$20 jobs waste of money.

Cheers
Kate

Image[/quote]
steve&Kate
Camping King

Postby markcrook » Mon May 04, 2009 12:19 pm

Sounds like another trip to BCF! Woo hoo :armsup

Try some out for comfort and size, I quite like the idea of a recliner and I am relativley young! The more padded chairs seems to be the way to go. May need to save a bit though!
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Postby CCC » Fri May 08, 2009 8:41 am

Derek wrote:I have the model down from yours (Gypsylady) in the Coleman but mine don't recline (I'm not old enough to need a recliner yet. Hehehehehe) and they have to be the best chairs I have ever owned. Mine is also padded but have had no problems yet with the padding going. Must admit I do like the Coleman Products.

Five position recliner

I have the above chair also and is still going strong after a few years ... and I'm loving the reclining bit for my poor old tired bones ;)
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Jo&Kev » Fri May 08, 2009 9:54 pm

We have a couple of cheap nylon folding chairs, that collapse and go into a long 'round' carry bag. They are not the most comfortable things in the world but they do the job and fit nicely into the truck when it's packed up.

Without hijacking the thread - do the recliner types fold up flat or into a cylinder shape?

Kev
Our blog - with bigger pics!
http://actnswcamping.blogspot.com/
Jo&Kev
Post Machine!

Postby funnyfarm » Fri May 08, 2009 11:20 pm

The recliner type ones fold up flat.

I have a cheapy collapsable type one that goes into a long skinny bag and hubby has a recliner one.
funnyfarm

Postby snake_dr » Sat May 09, 2009 10:48 pm

i have a dearer chair and my wife went with a cheapy

her's just fell to bits after a year to year and a half, mine lost a few screws but ive been able to just replace those, so she's onto her second cheapy and mine's still going fine
snake_dr
Camping Veteran

Postby Redback » Thu May 21, 2009 7:01 pm

Derek wrote:
gypsylady wrote:I have added another piece of cushion and a very thick lambswool.

We have this chair too, 3yrs still great, most comfortable chair I've had for camping.
Image ::)

Handsome devil aren't I :mrgreen:
01 Discovery TD5 Locked & Lifted & Redback Country Camper Trailer
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby Blue Bravo » Thu May 21, 2009 10:41 pm

We use directors chairs with fold out side table - Kookaburra Brand and have been using them for 4 years and they have stood up well.
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby OzeBoy » Tue May 26, 2009 6:23 pm

I have been through 5 different chairs trying to find "the one" that is comfortable and practical. I've had a 5 position recliner from Rays that broke, a general camping chair, a flimsy moon chair etc. Space IS an issue otherwise I'd have had the coleman recliner (but then there's the draft of cold from the side). I then saw this at Anaconda and have never been happier. Haven't seen it back at Anaconda yet and mine was the only left when I bought it. I swear by my Kookarburra Moon chair. It's is sooooo comfortable and you can move around in different positions in it. The main reason I love it, besides being comfortable, is that the cold breeze at night doesn't get your back or hips or sides. It catches the heat from the fire in front. It's quite the envy of friends. If I get out for a second, someone's in it.
Rays Outdoors currently have one like this in black but with more padding (too hot for summer).
A good chair is VERY important coz I'm in it for hours on end when camping. Ya gotta be comfortable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OzeBoy
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:43 pm

Derek wrote:

I would say this is yours Gypsy. Five position recliner

No Derek, mine is a plain dark colour and is slightly wider than the stripe ones and not as tall in the back.

My mum has one of these and it makes a noise every time she sits or moves in it.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Next

Return to Gear Guide