WA, Gracetown Caravan Park, Margaret River

WA, Gracetown Caravan Park, Margaret River

Postby markcrook » Thu May 21, 2009 10:54 am

Gracetown Caravan Park http://www.gracetowncaravanpark.com.au/

I must admit it is a while since we stayed here (December 2007) we arrived on Boxing Day and had four nights to help us get over Christmas! And boy, it was hot, 44 degrees on the day we arrived, our friends who had come to stay from the UK nearly melted!

We have booked again to go after Christmas this year.

Gracetown caravan park, is 2.5km from Gracetown and its excellent sheltered beach, great for snorkelling, kayaks, and fishing and only 10 minutes from Margaret River itself. It is in the heart of the Margaret River wine region and its world-class surf breaks.

The park offers a range of accommodation from cabins and chalets to un-powered bush camping. It has a central, well-maintained ablution block, which also has laundry facilities, a campers kitchen, gas and wood BBQ’s, a well stocked shop, kids play area, tennis, volley ball and basketball court.

We had two adjacent powered sites, which were level and well shaded – all sites are separated by trees and bushes. The tracks through the park are gravel.

The wildlife is amazing – possums eating apples on the ablution blocks, kangaroos (my mate who was staying with us now tells a story of how a roo knocked him across his air bed when it’s tail hit the side of the tent he was sleeping in!) and loads of bird life.

The park was run by a husband/wife team with young kids who were very friendly and helpful.

Overall, great site, excellent location and setting and as I have already said we are going back over Christmas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Return to Western Australia