Tent heaters

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Re: Tent heaters

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sat May 23, 2009 1:25 pm

The best idea was one Gypsy Lady told me. Get your camp oven heat it up with heat beads or hot rocks put it in your tent preferably on a paver or bricks so as not to damage the floor.No gas no electricity and less chance of setting yourself on fire.And yes the good old hot water bottles socks and beanie.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby subaruby » Sun May 24, 2009 9:02 pm

subaruby

Postby conmanturley » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:43 pm

I think the idea of boiling up a brew first thing in the morning inside the tent is the way to go. It not only puts heat into the tent while the water is boiling and the steam rising but having a lovely cup of tea warms you as well. It is just a qustion of getting a suitable set up.

Have a look at this http://www.myoutdoorstore.com.au/JETBOI ... 65127.aspx as they are designed for use inside tents.

The danger of cooking inside tents(which I have done many times on expeditions) is from knocking the pot/stove over and either scalding yourself or setting the tent alight. The danger of carbon dioxide or monoxcide posioning from a small stove used just as directed in a tent is not even worth thinking about. It is, as always, a matter of being sensible.

If you have a setup like the one above where you emliminate the possibility of it being knocked over then you are sorted.

Feel free to contact me if you want any further advice.
How is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
conmanturley
Camping King

Postby Woodsy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:26 pm

I thought that being in the hands of the Elements was what camping was all about?... Bunch of Sooks :*** :mrgreen:
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Previous

Return to Camping Tips and Locations