Perth to Ceduna stops?

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Perth to Ceduna stops?

Postby kezstar » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:19 pm

:hello:
hi all,
long time no post! Our Perth to Queensland trip is now planned for Jan 2007...YAY! :armsup We will be leaving on the 2nd Jan and going across the nullabor then on to explore the east! we are not sure of our itenary as yet once across that stretch and have no real time limit. So what I am hoping to get an idea of (for now) is Perth to Ceduna camping spots and/or 24 hour stop overs. We will be towing a trailer (standard car trailer) on the back of our Patrol with 4 kids (12, 7, 4 & 2yrs) If anyone has any ideas of a good plan and the best places to stop that would be great. We will be taking our time and wanting to do no more than 8hrs driving per day roughly! Thanks!
Kez :lol:
kezstar :)
kezstar

Re: Perth to Ceduna stops?

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:32 pm

kezstar wrote::hello:
....the back of our Patrol with 4 kids (12, 7, 4 & 2yrs) If anyone has any ideas...

As a former kid myself (still am @ heart, and possibly mentally :*** ), who has endured long-drive family vactaions... get a portable DVD player, or similar :mrgreen:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby kezstar » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:49 pm

:*** he he! We already have one!!! we do a bit of travelling already so invested in that a while ago but I think we will have to get a few more dvd's there is only so many times you can watch shrek and nemo! :roll:
Kez :grin:
kezstar :)
kezstar

Doing the Nullabor!

Postby Searchn4Spots » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:49 pm

Hi Kez,
Well we did Brissy to Perth across the Nullabor 2yrs ago & was mighty fantastic!!!! 2 adults, a cruiser & trailer with all our belongings, so we camped around the place & i kept a diary. So if it helps ya, i re-reading my diary to give you ideas about Perth to Ceduna....
Since as we came the other way, you'll have to put this info backwards. Just before Ceduna we took a detour to Point Brown cause we wanted a coastal camp site before arriving into Ceduna. Anyways, 20km dirt track bought us onto awesome Point Brown, amazing views over ocean. Then went into Ceduna & hopped onto the mighty Nullabor!! As a tip, take a cpl of dirt tracks off the hwy to see the Great Aussi Bight...amazing views again! Nullabor roadhouse had aweseom hamburgers. Eucla was border village, there's quarantine there. Nuffin much for sleeping but i noted we stoped at a roadside parking area. Ceduna to Eucla was 650km day drive for us. Then did Eucla to Kalgoorlie...a big day driving 960kms. Were going to stop in Norseman, but didn't..too freaky when we went thru. Cops thru streets keeping eye on aboriginals etc. so we kept driving. cldn't find camping either which was another reason why we kept driving to Kal. Oh yeah, if you get a chance, there's dingaling Caves to see on this run....amazing but it's not advertised so real hard to find. {If anyone wants directions, let me know.} Kalgoorlie is cool to visit too. Then lastly Kal to Perth was 600km day, nuffin much there.
Dunno if i helped ya or not. If so, then great, if you got any other questions i cld maybe pass on some experiance or advice. We roughed it with the camping, but mainly it's roadside stops thru the Nullabor.
Good luck with your travels...will be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!
Liza
:)
Bring out the tents!
Searchn4Spots

Return to Camping Tips and Locations