New to this Site

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

New to this Site

Postby shaz » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:48 pm

:hello: [size=150]I am new to this internet site.... what i am looking for is a Camping Club to join .... My family and I have been camping , in our camping trailer , all over australia for over 20 years.... and was wondering if anyone knows of a site i can join..to find similar minded people that want to travel together to different locations around australia... ::()
shaz

Re: New to this Site

Postby CampGrrlz » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:16 pm

Hi Shaz ... welcome to Australian Camping :grin:

Maybe 'Groups and Activities' would be a good place to start asking for interest in a group excursion. Let's know where you live - you can add that on your profile and it will show up each time you post, that way anyone interested will know straight away if is practical for them to join with you.

Happy camping :)

Elaine and Elaine
Last edited by CampGrrlz on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two old boilers are armchair Glampers ;-)
CampGrrlz
Camping Queens

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:37 pm

Hi Shaz and WELCOME to the forum. Yes Elaine got it spot on, good idea to give us some idea of where you call home.

Not much sense in planning anything if you live at the opposite end of the country unless of course you are retired and time and distance is no object for you.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby shaz » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:41 pm

:hello: thank you for the welcome...

i am presenting working out how to make changes to my profile.. i will work out how the site works as i use it ....

i am located in Sydney ,NSW... but travel up and down the east coast.... camping for short periods of time .. 5 to 6 times a year.... i have been involved in caravan convoys previously.. but they go on trips for longer periods at a time (over a month).... and i prefer shorter camping trips ..

hope to find some like minded people for camping ...long weekends away etc.. fishing and exploring ....

:cheers
shaz

Postby mac15 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Hi Shaz & welcome!

A couple of other forums that come to mind might be of interest to you. Have a look at them (google search will find them)

myswag.org
www.campertrailers.org
When's my next holiday??
mac15
Camping King

Return to Introductions: