Dog Friendly Campsites, Australia

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Dog Friendly Campsites, Australia

Postby smilerz » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:32 am

Hi guys,

I am pretty new here but would hope that some of you may want to add some interesting facts and info on a Facebook Group I have started with regards Dog Friendly Camping, Australia.

I know there is a book out but what an easy way to capture an Audience (Facebook), there are so many of us out there with Dogs and enjoy camping, I myself have 5 dogs and 3 pups in training so you can imagine the nightmare I have to try and find somewhere quiet away from people for us to set up camp. The last thing I want to do is disturb other people that are not so dog friendly that are camping. The dogs are pretty good and tend to stay quiet most of the time but at the end of the day they will bark from time to time, it is perfectly natural for them.

Anyway if anyone wants to add any info to this link http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=92878077318 feel free. The more the merrier.

QLD trip

You can visit our blog on http://www.goldendoodles-australia.com for pictures of our wonderful trip.

We went to QLd for the long weekend a few weeks ago and stopped in the Ellengowan State Forest as we couldn't find anywhere along the coast we went inland and then back out onto the coast road to QLD, we stopped in the State Forest, another couple had camped in the caravan at the far end of the car park and we were at the top end, we set up camp at 12pm with a tent we had only purchased that morning, a nice big one to fit us all in, me cursin Adam with torch in hand trying to find the yellow pole and the black ones etc. We had 5 dogs 7 puppies with us and had a blast. The pups slept in the van and the big dogs slept in there own section in the tent. They had the best time ever. We then went up to Greenbank to visit some friends and drop of my boy for a stud holiday and then went on up to Nanago to meet some more friends and camped in there field which was just awsome. The dogs and pups had the best time ever and on our way back down to the Central Coast, NSW where we live they all pretty much slept all the way back. We had a good routine going, pups out on the carpark for pee's and a run around the they were put back in their crate, the big dogs then went for a walk to stretch their legs and go to the toilet then we would make a cuppa go and use a shopping centre toilet and have a cuppa whilst the dogs were attached to their running line, the pups were either in ther puppy pen or running around loose in the back of the van when we had our breaks. The interest in us and all the dogs was amazing and we had a thouroughly fantastic time.

Sadly due to the number of dogs it can be a bit of a chore trying to find free camping so with your help you may be able to help.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this and look forward to seeing some inputs for all of us to share and experience.
smilerz

Re: Dog Friendly Campsites, Australia

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:40 pm

Wow checked out your website what gorgeous dogs,i have two poodles who are involved in Pets For Therapy and a rescued 3 legged Tenterfield Terrier X foxie who now tags along.Well done.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Camping Tips and Locations