Illaroo Camping Area

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Illaroo Camping Area

Postby Gary's Family » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:03 pm

Has anyone camped at Illaroo Camping area near Grafton. Looking at going in November, outside school holidays with camping trailer and two small children. Any comments, pictures?

Thanks,
Gary
Gary's Family
Camping King

Illaroo

Postby snug » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:13 pm

Hi Gary

Over the school holidays my daughter and i went to Illaroo twice, both for 4 days. Its beautiful. The fees have just gone up to $8 Adult and $4 Child. There is wood available but National Parks is in the process of moving the piles to about 500m from the site. Drinking water is also about 1km from site. There are approximately 5 toilets (clean). All are maintained by rangers who visit the campsite about twice a day. Minnie Waters is close by and has deisel and eftpos.

There is no mobile range (Im not sure about CDMA). North Illaroo is slightly larger to accomodate caravans and campers, Sth Illaroo is mainly tents. There are a few walking tracks. On our first day and emu and 14 chicks wandered by. Whales are currently migrating. We found the park family orientated (no yahoos). There is a track to Sandon Village (10km) but unsure if that is 4wd only....We love the place. If I can be of any assistance let me know. We're going back Nov 10.

Hope that helps...Snug
snug

Postby Gary's Family » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:22 pm

Thanks. That's just what I wanted to hear. We will be there end of November. Can't wait.

Thanks again,
Gary
Gary's Family
Camping King

Return to Camping Tips and Locations